tom hryniuk's 146 squidder frames and side plates

Started by alantani, January 03, 2009, 01:47:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mike1010

Tom, I've got some lightly modified 146s with the SS gear sleeve from Scott's (your work?).  Will your SS dog work with that sleeve and the stock bridge?  Any chance of your making the dog available separately.  I could use a half dozen.  Thanks.

Mike

Cortez_Conversions

Quote from: mike1010 on September 21, 2016, 08:44:35 PM
Tom, I've got some lightly modified 146s with the SS gear sleeve from Scott's (your work?).  Will your SS dog work with that sleeve and the stock bridge?  Any chance of your making the dog available separately.  I could use a half dozen.  Thanks.

Mike

Hello Mike,
The sleeves you bought from Scott's aren't mine, although I'd love to have some of my offerings there...

These dogs are expensive to make. I will eventually make some stock ones, but for now, I only made enough to cover my kits where the cost can be added into the big picture. People want Walmart or off shore prices, and I can't compete.
Tom

Visit: cortezconversions.com
Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.-Sal

Alto Mare

I understand Tom, I was going to ask if you could sell me a couple :-\.  You start including a couple of parts with your kits and things get out of hand quickly.
By the way, did you make that shim that you added with the kit, or did you purchase it somewhere?
Thanks for doing these for us Tom, I appreciate it and I'm sure so does everyone else.  I know it isn't an investment for you.
Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.

broadway

You never lets us down... stunning squidder kit, Tom! I plan to go just plain stock with this one unless others have some recommendations that i can't live without. ;D
Thanks for the heads up on the bridge screws and the review, Sal.
Dom

Swami805

My dark blue kit arrived in the mail today, the pictures don't do it justice.  Beautiful work, thanks for making these.
Sheridan
Do what you can with that you have where you are

Swami805

I had some time yesterday and put the reel together. An nos  penn aluminum spool new ht100 drags and washers and a progear handle I discovered in the bone yard. Everything went together flawlessly with not even the slightest issue with fitment. Here's a picture and one with her sisters. Very nice kit,thanks for making them
Sheridan
Do what you can with that you have where you are

Maxed Out

That's a beauty Sheridan, and I'd love to pick thru your boneyard that hides such rare pro gear handles. It looks like a perfect match made in heaven !!

Ted
We Must Never Forget Our Veterans....God Bless Them All !!

mo65

Awesome Sheridan! The handle matches perfect. I'm hoping Santa brings me one of these 146 kits...last year all I got was a lump of coal...LOL! ;D
~YOU CAN TUNA GEETAR...BUT YOU CAN'T TUNA FEESH~

thorhammer

Are there any stock screws that work for the bridge? The Squidder stock ones don't fit either and I don't want to turn them down to fit and expose brass.

John

Cortez_Conversions

John,
I think you have very old bridge screws.
At some point Penn switched to a smaller head diameter for the bridge screws.
Any new screws should fit.
Please let me know if you can't get it to work.
Tom
Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.-Sal

Alto Mare

Quote from: thorhammer on October 17, 2016, 08:12:04 PM
Are there any stock screws that work for the bridge? The Squidder stock ones don't fit either and I don't want to turn them down to fit and expose brass.

John
No problems here with stock bridge screws John.
Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.

thorhammer

These are indeed from an OLD one, so harvested for the nice steel gear and immaculate goodies...let me see what else I have around. Thanks guys, that's a nice bit of Pennicana to know....

J

thorhammer

Sure enough! Sorry 350 Leveline, I had to have them and your contribution is appreciated. 

JRD

Here is one, I can't even tell you how much is in this reel, "somebody" may be lurking.  I can tell you from design to fit and finish it's fantastic.  Well thought out, extremely light and everything fits like it should.  The dog is a work of art.  The only issue I had, if you can call it an issue, is the dog spring pocket was tight so I used a heavier stainless spring and now my dog sounds like a clicker.  Some day I will shorten the spring but for now just to anxious to fish it.

Cortez_Conversions

Looks Great!

The alternate spring that is offered at MysticParts.com is a lot larger in diameter that the original. This may be your fit problem.

Also bears mentioning that the older generation bridge screws have a larger diameter head. I didn't know this when I designed the plate.

"Edited as per Moderators to correct Scott's Bait & Tackle over to their new store name Mystic Reel Parts / www.mysticparts.com"