Penn spools through the years

Started by sdlehr, June 29, 2016, 07:02:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mo65

There have been a few Penn spool "firsts" show up lately in other threads and I want to share them here. The first pic is AC49's white jigmaster spool, and the second photo is a white spooled 155 belonging to Deepennz. Wow...who knows what will show up next? 8)
~YOU CAN TUNA GEETAR...BUT YOU CAN'T TUNA FEESH~

AC49

Just in after a long search ... a Penn 49A white spool which I decided to pair with a suitable twin  ;D

Tightlines667

Whoa! 

That is definitely the first one of those I have seen. 
Hope springs eternal
for the consumate fishermen.

Maxed Out

No doubt one of a kind 49A.......absolutely stunning......and I'm jealous.

Thanks for sharing the pics

Ted
We Must Never Forget Our Veterans....God Bless Them All !!

sdlehr

Sid Lehr
Veterinarian, fishing enthusiast, custom rod builder, reel collector

Penn Chronology

QuoteJust in after a long search ... a Penn 49A white spool which I decided to pair with a suitable twin  Grin

WOW!!! What I tell myself is Penn never did anything in Ones. If that is true, then there are more of these somewhere on the planet.

Thank you for sharing this.

mo65

That makes 2 white spools for AC49...maybe they were an African export thing? I'd love to see more pop up, especially in my searches! 8)

AC49

I recently found a Penn 49A with a grey color spool. Not great condition but cleaned it up best I could.
Never seen another .....

Enjoy
AC49

mo65

sdlehr

Quote from: mo65 on January 08, 2018, 02:40:45 PM
There have been a few Penn spool "firsts" show up lately in other threads and I want to share them here.
Thanks for helping me document all this in an "orderly" way, Mo!
Sid Lehr
Veterinarian, fishing enthusiast, custom rod builder, reel collector

mo65

Quote from: sdlehr on December 27, 2018, 04:32:32 PM
Thanks for helping me document all this in an "orderly" way, Mo!

You're welcome Sid. These Vintage section threads are a huge source of info for me...so I'm sure others are using them too. Thanks to all the members who post their unique finds.

AC49

I recently found a Penn 500 Jigmaster with standard black sideplates but with silver Aluminium spool containing a braking mechanism  ???
There is an aluminium collar which the spool fits over and the braking mechanism rides on this collar to affect the braking of the spool.
Not sure if it some aftermarket part or if Penn ever did anything like this ?
Any help would be appreciated  ???

Regards
AC49

AC49

Last 2 pictures

Darin Crofton

AC49, I'm wanting to see the answers you get on that wild 500 you found, I'm sure someone will know something...
God, Family and Fishing, what else is there?

mo65

Wow! What a cool set up. I've never seen centrifugal braking applied to a Jigmaster. Thanks for sharing AC49. 8)