8 in 1 Wrench Question

Started by mo65, July 12, 2016, 07:06:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mo65

Does this wrench fit the handle nut on a Penn Levelmatic?  ???
~YOU CAN TUNA GEETAR...BUT YOU CAN'T TUNA FEESH~

Dawn

Sorry I don't know for sure.

Dawn
Dawn

Bryan Young

Mo65, I believe the Penn Levelmatics came with 2 different type of handle nuts.  Can you take a picture of what you have and post it here?
:D I talk with every part I send out and each reel I repair so that they perform at the top of their game. :D

sdlehr

Pennparts shows a scalloped nut that is smaller than the 23-60, about the same size as the scalloped nut on some eccentric levers, but I don't know if exact.

Sid
Sid Lehr
Veterinarian, fishing enthusiast, custom rod builder, reel collector

mo65

Quote from: Bryan Young on July 13, 2016, 06:15:21 PM
 Can you take a picture of what you have and post it here?

akfish

It doesn't fit the one I have.
Taku Reel Repair
Juneau, Alaska

mo65

Quote from: akfish on July 13, 2016, 06:37:29 PM
It doesn't fit the one I have.

That's too bad, wrenches to fit these levelmatics are scarce as hen's teeth. I didn't see any on eBay and Scott's says no longer available. Here's a link to the Penn wrench, maybe someone here has one to sell.

https://www.mysticparts.com/PennParts/Parts/168-910.aspx

"Edited as per Moderators to correct Scott's Bait & Tackle over to their new store name Mystic Reel Parts / www.mysticparts.com"

Keta

Make a accurate drawing with dementions or get me the part and I can draw up and cut a wrench.
Hi, my name is Lee and I have a fishing gear problem.

I have all of the answers, yup, no, maybe.

A man who carries a cat by the tail learns something he can learn in no other way.
Mark Twain

Bryan Young

Does someone have a nut to send me?  I could draw it up for Lee.
:D I talk with every part I send out and each reel I repair so that they perform at the top of their game. :D

mo65

That's really nice of you fellas to go through that much trouble to make a wrench. I can't even pull the nut off my reel to send to Keta without ruining it...Sheesh! I'll keep scouring fleabay...one will turn up sooner or later. Thanks guys. 8)

Bryan Young

Mo65, if you need one, probably someone else needs one too.

RiverAngler

Just a thought. Send him the whole reel if you can't get it off. That way he can test it for accuracy.
Parents don't frame pictures of their kids playing video games. Take them fishing!

Keta

That would work but I can make one with dimension A, B and the OD of the head of the set screw.

A man who carries a cat by the tail learns something he can learn in no other way.
Mark Twain

mo65

Quote from: Keta on July 13, 2016, 11:16:16 PM
That would work but I can make one with dimension A, B and the OD of the head of the set screw

Thanks Keta, I got the handle screw off with a 4" cresent wrench....and no damage.;) Measurement A is .358, B is .427, and I figure you can get the OD on the set screw...as it's a standard #110-60.

*measurements could be off a thousandth or two...my caliper is a cheapy. ;D

Keta

Screw head dimentions vary if you have one measure it.

Mark Twain