8 in 1 Wrench Question

Started by mo65, July 12, 2016, 07:06:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mo65

I got .170 on the head of the set screw OD.
~YOU CAN TUNA GEETAR...BUT YOU CAN'T TUNA FEESH~

Keta

Same as a Jigmaster set screw, drawing done and will be at cutter in the morning.  Got a preference for handle length?
Hi, my name is Lee and I have a fishing gear problem.

I have all of the answers, yup, no, maybe.

A man who carries a cat by the tail learns something he can learn in no other way.
Mark Twain

sdlehr

Quote from: Keta on July 14, 2016, 02:14:40 AM
Same as a Jigmaster set screw, drawing done and will be at cutter in the morning.  Got a preference for handle length?
Dang, you're quick!
Sid
Sid Lehr
Veterinarian, fishing enthusiast, custom rod builder, reel collector

Keta

2 circles (ID and OD) plus 6 semi circles, easy.

A man who carries a cat by the tail learns something he can learn in no other way.
Mark Twain

mo65

Quote from: Keta on July 14, 2016, 02:14:40 AM

WOW!! Thanks so much! I'm good with what ever you think on handle length. That link I posted earlier showing the original is only 2 inches long...I'd say about twice that long ought to be fine.  8)

RiverAngler

See Mo65, not that hard. That's the spirit of this site. If you can't get it, someone can probably make it.
Parents don't frame pictures of their kids playing video games. Take them fishing!

mo65

I had to do a search to find this thread...it was moved from smoothdrag's section to here.

Keta

I have 2 sold and ordered 3 cut.

Mark Twain

mo65

Quote from: Keta on July 25, 2016, 02:33:50 PM
I have 2 sold and ordered 3 cut.

2 sold? I didn't even know anyone else was interested. I guess I need to place an order...how much are they?

foakes

You guys are right -- just looked through around 200-300 loose reel wrenches -- none found so far.

That is a rare wrench.

Really neat to know that we have the talent on site, like Lee, to just go out and have these cut.

I know it sounds simple -- but it is not.

I am thankful for the various skills represented here on our Board.

Can't take it for granted -- it is a one of a kind Board.

Best,

Fred

The Official, Un-Authorized Service and Restoration Center for quality vintage spinning reels.

D-A-M Quick, Penn, Mitchell, and ABU/Zebco Cardinals

--------

The first rule of fishing is to fish where the fish are. The second rule of fishing is to never forget the first rule.

"Enjoy the little things in Life — For someday, you may look back — and realize that they were the big things"
                                                     Fred O.

swill88

I'll buy one when available Lee....thanks

steve

Keta

Does anyone have a 23-910 handle screw I can use to check fit?  I will give a wrench to the person that provides me with one.

Mark Twain

mo65

Quote from: Keta on July 25, 2016, 11:01:37 PM
Does anyone have a 23-910 handle screw I can use to check fit?  I will give a wrench to the person that provides me with one.

I sure do! Message me with an address.  8)

Tiddlerbasher

Fred - I noticed (in your workshop) that you hang your chainsaws vertically - does that stop the chain oil from leaking out?

foakes

Hi Chris --

Never had any issues with oil run-out doing this with Stihl's or Husqvarna's.

When I used to run Jonsered's or Mccullough's -- sometimes that was an issue.

I do not generally keep oil or fuel in the saws when storing -- I run them out prior to storage.

However, this year -- they do not get much resting time.  We had to drop 34 Ponderosa Pines ranging from 2' to 5' at the base -- up to 110'.  Now we have another 43 marked for dropping over the next 2 month's -- plus a few more.  This was due to the unprecedented (in the last 250 years, anyway) combination of an infestation of Pine Bark Beetles -- coupled with 4 years of below average snow and rain.  The stressed 150 to 250 year old trees were not able to develop enough pitch to fight off the beetles.

We will still have Firs, Cedars, Oaks, and Manzanitas -- and I am planning on planting around 100 more apple trees.

Each tree is 1.5 to 4 cords of split firewood.

So if anyone needs firewood -- just bring a trailer -- and I will help load it.  N/C.

Currently am running a 28" bar on the 036 -- and a 14" on the little 170.  Recently tried 460 and 660 heads with 32" and 36" bars.  But for me that was overkill, and exhausting to run all day -- and unnesessary for the majority of our cutting.  For the really big trees -- like close to our house -- I have a good friend who is a pro faller.  He has worked the woods all of his life -- and can handle the hot rod saws much better than me.

Hanging vertically just saves space -- and keeps them ready -- but out of the way.

Best,

Fred
The Official, Un-Authorized Service and Restoration Center for quality vintage spinning reels.

D-A-M Quick, Penn, Mitchell, and ABU/Zebco Cardinals

--------

The first rule of fishing is to fish where the fish are. The second rule of fishing is to never forget the first rule.

"Enjoy the little things in Life — For someday, you may look back — and realize that they were the big things"
                                                     Fred O.