Titanium handle arms

Started by Three se7ens, July 13, 2016, 03:30:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Aiala

Quick questions, if I may: Will the titanium counterbalanced handles be reasonably easy to polish by hand? Also, will they be compatible with Striper Lou's incredible acrylic knobs (when they become available)?

Thanks!  :)

~A~
I don't suffer from insanity... I enjoy every minute of it!  :D

Cortez_Conversions

What is the center to center distance on Sal's handles for the Jig Masters?
Center of handle hole to center of sleeve hole.
Visit: cortezconversions.com
Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.-Sal

broadway

Ted,
   Do you do anything to just 100% or do you have to do the full 120%? Them there reels are bad to the bone!
Dom

Alto Mare

Adam, please put me down for one each of the three styles. I'm hoping the larger ones will happen as well.
Thanks!
Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.

steelfish

guys you must stop doing this great parts, I will need to start selling a kidney or an eye to fund everything.

well maybe just service more reels, but my town is too small not many repairs to get all the fancy parts.

The Baja Guy

Three se7ens

Quote from: Cortez_Conversions on July 14, 2016, 06:46:30 PM
What is the center to center distance on Sal's handles for the Jig Masters?
Center of handle hole to center of sleeve hole.

The long version of the jigmaster, the 113H, the Baja/torque 200-300, and Newell versions are all 3" center to center for Sal's handles.  The standard jigmaster version in stainless is 2.5" center to center.  I can offer that in titanium as well(if there is interest), but Ill have to get a quote on that before I set a price. 

Aiala, the titanium should polish up to a brilliant luster with a similar amount of work as the stainless would require.  I dont know for sure though, so Ill give it a shot this weekend, and let you know.  Ill see what hole size Lou uses for his magnificent acrylic knobs, but I can certainly accommodate it.

Sal, just to be clear, I am NOT offering the offset handles in titanium.  For all practical purposes, it cannot be formed.  It just springs back when you try to bend it.  The Sal's handles and balanced handles are first up.  If there is interest, Ill offer my curved handle, and I have another design Ive been working on that's a possibly candidate as well. 

Alto Mare

Got it! Thanks Adam.

Aiala, I would show you a polished handle, but I'm starting to like mine as they are, sorry.
Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.

Maxed Out

Quote from: Alto Mare on July 15, 2016, 01:45:31 AM
Got it! Thanks Adam.

Aiala, I would show you a polished handle, but I'm starting to like mine as they are, sorry.

Exactly, same here !!  :) :)
We Must Never Forget Our Veterans....God Bless Them All !!

pjstevko

Whats the benefit of a counter-balanced handle?

swill88

Adam... I would like a counterbalanced 113H titanium when available.

thanks

steve

sdlehr

Quote from: pjstevko on July 21, 2016, 04:24:57 PM
Mostly looks. On the old knucklebusters it was important to balance the weight of the knob, but nowadays I think it's mostly for looks.

Sid
Sid Lehr
Veterinarian, fishing enthusiast, custom rod builder, reel collector

pjstevko

Quote from: sdlehr on July 21, 2016, 08:35:29 PM
Mostly looks. On the old knucklebusters it was important to balance the weight of the knob, but nowadays I think it's mostly for looks.

Sid
Thanks for the explanation....

Alto Mare

Quote from: nelz on July 21, 2016, 08:46:44 PM

It also helps when casting, prevents the handle from spinning during the cast.
It will also help retrieve line with better smoothness while cranking, to me anyway...you'll be the judge with yours.

pjstevko

What size is the knob hole? Do you know if Lou's acrylic knobs will fit on these handles????

Three se7ens

Quote from: pjstevko on July 27, 2016, 05:30:51 PM
What size is the knob hole? Do you know if Lou's acrylic knobs will fit on these handles????

All of my handles are cut with the knob hold undersize, and I drill it to size after I get an order.  I offer 3 sizes that accommodate most everything on the market:  3/16", 6mm, and 5/16".  I can also do custom sizes as necessary. 

Lou's knobs require a 3/16" hole, as do the Pro Challenger knobs sold by Alan C.  Alan Tani uses 3/16" or 5/16" for his Kolekar knobs, and many universal knobs require a 6mm hole.