Main Menu

G-rods

Started by Alans Buddy, July 15, 2016, 03:05:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Alans Buddy

Ever checked out G-rods?
Graphene and CF, good stuff?
Buddy picked up a 9' 6"'for spinner surf casting. Paired it with a Stradic 5000.

Any experience/thoughts of these rods?

TIA,
Ben

Jon Vadney

Quote from: Alans Buddy on July 15, 2016, 03:05:31 AM
Ever checked out G-rods?
Graphene and CF, good stuff?
Buddy picked up a 9' 6"'for spinner surf casting. Paired it with a Stradic 5000.

Any experience/thoughts of these rods?

TIA,
Ben

Graphene is an amazing material and if anyone is interested in doing some fascinating reading, google Graphene.  That being said, their claim right off the bat of them being the first to make a fishing rod with it are wrong.  As far as I know, Mackenzie rods were the first to do it.  Other than that, I've never felt a G-rod so I can't really comment on it.

steelfish

hmm second time hearing about graphene.

on the RC hobby graphene is starting to make big sound since that material is as powerful as Lipo (lithium polymer) but not as "dangerous" if you dont follow the instruction on how to handle lipo batteries for RC, well Graphene in now on the RC world offering power and safety.

pretty sure Graphene should be a step above simple graphite.

cool
The Baja Guy

Rivverrat

Quote from: steelfish on July 18, 2016, 11:19:08 PM

pretty sure Graphene should be a step above simple graphite.

As far as weight there are lighter or as light of rods already out. With material that has been worked with & fished for years. Give it try ? Oh ya, I'm all over that. But jump from my boat that floats into another craft full of unknowns....Nope.
This stuff shows promise. It might work out to be the best thing for building certain rods. However at this point it needs time to reveal it's true character....Jeff

Alans Buddy

Thanks for the replies all!

Tiddlerbasher