Started by thorhammer, July 19, 2016, 11:41:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

thorhammer

Ok folks, most of you that have done any upgrade here know Randy. I have to put this up...not only has he gone all in to get us super Jiggy kits with Tib, but with a choice of graphic. He messaged me last weekend to verify what I wanted but I was fishing (not catching) and didn't see it to respond. So our man, who was leaving next day to go to friggin Alaska fishing, looks back in mails to see that I want the Ulua graphic, so he can get it out before he bounces, on my good faith.

This is the latest instance of good will on this site to me personally but I'll also shout out my man Harry K likewise this week. People, this here is what it's about...when I joined this site in early 2015 I saw a sentence from Daron to  pay it forward....we must all do that, and I have tried where I have a bit to send on, but thanks to The Boss for setting the cadence.

Best of karma (meaning a photo op) to you folks....

Check sent, RP, ground-check us a halibut or 4' King or whatever it is you are after up there....

Thorhammer

Rancanfish

You just mentioned three of the nicest people I've ever had the pleasure of dealing with.  But yeah, Randy's special.

Seems like you have been here a long time already,  and I enjoy your posts, so yeah,  you stick around too.
I woke today and suddenly nothing happened.

David Hall

Ditto on everything you said and I too am looking for my opportunity to pay it forward.
We aren't going to change the world but this site is full of the best folks you'd ever want to meet and being part of it is fun.

thorhammer

I just named three dudes that helped me out in the last 48 HOURS, and I'd be remiss if I didn't prop Ted in the same 48....I could go on as you well know ....D on a 12/0 advisement, Harry offering a free part I needed, RP busting hump to get me the super jiggy kit I won't need until Tom's new run of plates is up on his site....and there's another top notch dude...

I've never been so happy to know people emptying my wallet :)

Thanks, gents!

theswimmer

I can't even begin to explain.
Many new friends and great fishing Budds.
In three years I lost everyone I had ever fished with.
Grateful doesn't even start on how it feels to gather with such a fantastic group.......
There is nothing like lying flat on your back on the deck, alone except for the helmsman aft at the wheel, silence except for the lapping of the sea against the side of the ship. At that time you can be equal to Ulysses and brother to him.

Errol Flynn

spc7669

When I joined this site I didn't think there were any people like this left in the world. You guys are the best.

Shark Hunter

I try to give when I can. Others see what you are doing and catch on. Some don't. The ones that don't, never get what is really going on.
It makes you feel good, and it will come back around. Its just the way it was meant to be.
I owe this teaching from Sal. He is a good man. A Mentor of sorts. But most of all a teacher.
He will give you the shirt off his back if you need it. Alan gave all of us this great place to mingle, share, learn, teach and give. pass it on. ;)
A newer member here named Bill Miller sent me an email about two weeks ago about a 16/0 in Delaware. I said to myself. Self, Who is this guy?
It was an ad on Craigslist for a Cherry 16/0 with 1000 yards of 300 lb JB hollow core braid on it.
I ignored the first email. Then a week later, another one came.
All I did was post two pictures up for him of the reel he built for his girlfriend.
He went and bought this reel for me with the rod and a lot of extra parts. It is on the way as we speak and I haven't given him a dime for it yet.
When you are willing to help people out, no matter how small, they will respect you for it.
I have a near mint 16/0 one piece spool coming with rod, a lot of extra parts, gears and just the line is worth $300 because its new for 7 Bills.
Perfect backing for a Big Everol.
It all comes around. ;D
Life is Good!

Dominick

Yep a good bunch of great guys and gals.  Dominick
Leave the gun.  Take the cannolis.

There are two things I don't like about fishing.  Getting up early in the morning and boats.  The rest of it is fun.