Simple Installation guide for Acrylic Knobs & Tbars (revised)

Started by STRIPER LOU, July 22, 2016, 05:33:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

STRIPER LOU

I'm not trying to over simplify the installation but I get asked all the time.

Even though all threads get cleaned its advisable to do them again.

A pipe cleaner and denatured alcohol works well on both the screws and internal ends of shaft.

For lubrication we have been finding that a thin coat of penn grease  and several drops of your favorite synthetic reel oil makes for a consistency that's just about right. Lubrication of the shaft should become routine service just like it is to any other part of the reel.

Lastly, on both screws a couple of drops of blue locktite or stronger if your a heavy user. It's best to install the inner side shaft first, to the handle arm. Sock it up tight and if your really anal like me you can let that  dry overnight before installing the other side or use 2 wrenches and tighten one side against the other as seen in the last picture. A drop of locktite on the outside screw and tighten with a 1/8" allen wrench. An overly amount of thread locker is not needed as it may end up in the tube and create turning problems. NO pliers or any other wrenches needed anywhere and NO solvents on the Acrylic. Purchaser is responsible for proper installation.

If its going to be a shelfie I'd skip the loctite. Use the reverse procedure for disassembly.  At some point if you cant get the knob off, please contact me and I'll get you headed in the right direction. Locktite can do a very good job of keeping things where they should be!
If you have any questions please feel free to contact me.

Thanks for your purchase,  ..  Lou
PS Knob removal should start in reverse order, removing knob screw first and working backward in reference to the installation guide.

Bill B

Very clear directions Lou...."a picture is worth......" Has never been more true.....thanks Bill
It may not be very productive,
but it's sure going to be interesting!

pjstevko

Just installed mine last night and it loks AMAZING!!!!

I'll post pics later...