Main Menu

Wolf Eel

Started by inodan2, July 25, 2016, 05:08:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

inodan2

Caught this sometime last year and finally ate most of it last night.  I am going to tell everyone that it tasted horrible:)

Steve-O

Oh you're too funny!

That is the fish you don't share...you just say yea....probably tastes like it looks....I'll feed it to my cat.

Friends realize too late...wait a minute he doesn't have a cat.

Looking forward to catching one myself. Been to Alaska lots of times so my chances are getting closer.

The wolf eel is like the Cabezon or Monkey faced eel.... Folks go eeew throw it back. Wrong!

Lucky you!

inodan2

I have heard that Cabezon taste likes lobster.  I always feel jealous when someone else catches one on the boat.  I am dying to try a cabezon.  Someday.

Once in awhile I go to the Ranch 99 to see if they might have one that I could buy but no luck so far on the boat or in the store with regards to the Cab.

Tiddlerbasher

They have a similar fish in Scandinavian waters just called a wolf fish.
Ugly as sin - mouth full of nasty looking teeth

Keta

I have eaten a lot of Cabs but never thought they tasted like lobster, very good though.  I never kill wolf eels.
Hi, my name is Lee and I have a fishing gear problem.

I have all of the answers, yup, no, maybe.

A man who carries a cat by the tail learns something he can learn in no other way.
Mark Twain

Bryan Young

Danny, I have yet tried or even caught one of those ugly things...but I'm game as usual.

How did you prepare it? 
:D I talk with every part I send out and each reel I repair so that they perform at the top of their game. :D

inodan2

pat dry with paper towel, salt, pepper and dried siracha seasoning/powder.  Dredged in dry pancake batter mix (I did not have any all purpose flower) and shake off a lot of the powder.  Saute in coconut oil.  Best seafood I have ever tasted.

Bryan Young

:D I talk with every part I send out and each reel I repair so that they perform at the top of their game. :D