Thorhammer trailer for plastic shad-not good (Warning:Not for the squeamish)

Started by thorhammer, July 26, 2016, 02:00:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

broadway

Damn, John, hope you heal those hands up soon.  I bet you drank plenty of beers after that one. ;)
Dom

Shark Hunter

John,
I'm not trying to one up you, but I think this one takes the cake. It was a cm from his carotid.
Took three hours of surgery and his neck is jacked up to this day.
One of the dangers of Shark Fishing,. Kayaking out the bait.
Life is Good!

Dominick

Leave the gun.  Take the cannolis.

There are two things I don't like about fishing.  Getting up early in the morning and boats.  The rest of it is fun.

thorhammer

fishhawk

bad part about the hook in neck was hook was attached to yak and yak was jumping around in the surf!

Shark Hunter

Yup,
Just like this one too. I try to put a wine cork over the point before I go out.
Life is Good!

ChileRelleno

@ the OP,
Ow! hope that healed already.

My son and his buddy were fishing a little while ago, and his friend got himself hooked.
I do believe it finally drove home the reality of it to him, after all my preaching, cautioning and showing him pics.
One hook in his nose came out easy enough, but the one by his eye was a tad more touchy.
Ragnar Benson:
"Never, under any circumstances, ever become a refugee.
Die if you must, but die on your home turf with your face to the wind, not in some stinking hellhole 2,000 kilometers away, among people you neither know nor care about."

Big Tim

I don't know why I re-read this thread  :o I must need more pain in my life.

Tim

Tightlines667

I've got some pretty bad ones on the government network from commercial fishing accidents, but I'd rather not share the carnage (+They are technically government property).  I didn't get any photos of the times I have been hooked (too busy tending to the injuries).

John
Hope springs eternal
for the consumate fishermen.

day0ne

This is why I carry a set of Knipex 71 31 200. A little pricey ($46 on Amazon) but worth it. Easier than bolt cutters to use and I haven't found a hook they won't cut.
David

"Lately it occurs to me: What a long, strange trip it's been." - R. Hunter

Bill B

Sorry no pictures, but last weekend I was tying a salmon jig and while tightening the knot, slipped and drove the treble straight into the edge of my left hand.....my buddy said "Ohhhh I can get that out", what he didnt tell me was this was going to be his first time actually doing it....anyway a pair of needle nose pliers, a good twist and yank, some fatty tissue and we went back to fishing....here is a picture of the offending jig and where it ended up...
It may not be very productive,
but it's sure going to be interesting!

Bryan Young

I was glad I missed this post and now I'm regretting it.
:D I talk with every part I send out and each reel I repair so that they perform at the top of their game. :D

David Hall

I can't believe you guys all stopped  for pictures?

thorhammer

alantani

remove foreign body, soap and water, neosporin, bandages, check and change the dressing every 12-24 hours, tetanus update within 72 hours.  :-\
send me an email at alantani@yahoo.com for questions!