Thorhammer trailer for plastic shad-not good (Warning:Not for the squeamish)

Started by thorhammer, July 26, 2016, 02:00:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

thorhammer

See below. Stuck my hand in beer cooler to numb and pushed hook through back of the joint (using my other hand with stiches still in it) to be cut off with dikes....

Tiddlerbasher

thorhammer

Keta

Hi, my name is Lee and I have a fishing gear problem.

I have all of the answers, yup, no, maybe.

A man who carries a cat by the tail learns something he can learn in no other way.
Mark Twain

David Hall

Ouch ouch ouch, brings back some painful memories, hope the hook was clean and you heal up fast.

AlasKen

And that my friend is why I keep a small pair of bolt cutters on the boat, around 12" if I remember correctly.  I have tried cutting some rusty hooks with dikes and had to really bear down with 2 hands.  Not sure I could do it to myself.  Small bolt cutters works pretty well although I haven't had to try them in an emergency like yours.  Ken   

steelfish

The Baja Guy

Shark Hunter

Life is Good!

Gfish

Was in a boat once where an inexperienced fisherperson gave her dad a piercing, complete with a grotesque earring( a large bass plug). No wire cutters on the boat, he wore it alla way home. Asked him if I could take a picture and he looked like he was gonna kill me. TAKE the wire cutters !
Gfish
Fishing tackle is an art form and all fish caught on the right tackle are"Gfish"!

Bill B

Brother that makes my skin crawl....glad you got it out.....Bill
It may not be very productive,
but it's sure going to be interesting!

mizmo67

Huge crawling cringe!

Ow, man.

I've hooked myself, but never that bad.
Hope it heals well.
~Mo

Maureen Albertson :)
Scott's Bait & Tackle / Mystic Reel Parts (Formerly PennParts.com)
Contact Me Via Store Website Please!
Orders/Support# +1 (609) 488-4637 (parts ordering or troubleshooting)
customerservice@mysticparts.com

Steve-O

Done there, been that!

Got this one on my 4th trip to Alaska in 2003. The fish hooked me. It had broken off on a two hook mooching rig at sea and was caught by me on a Mepps spinner in the river. I reeled it in, netted and bonked it. Then put it above me on the bank while I untangled my lure from the net. The fish, a nice big buck Coho salmon, revived and started flopping down the bank towards the water. Right as i reached for it the second loose hook of the mooching rig slung right into my finger and the fish continued to flop - setting the hook - and taking me along down the bank until I got my knee on it and cut my self free.

The hook stopped underneath my fingernail so there was no pushing it through to snip the point and barb off. Had to go to the clinic. Sorry if the photo pose breaks the 12 year old rule...that just happened to be the finger the hook went into. ::)

thorhammer

alantani

yeah, me, too!  fortunately it was a barbless salmon j hook, but it was still in one side and out the other.....   :-\
send me an email at alantani@yahoo.com for questions!

steelhead_killer

Reached down to unhook a chinook on the bank from a double hook rig with my bare hand (Dumb) I always use pliers.  Fish moved and drove the free hook into the tip of my middle finger into the bone.  Game over, emergency room here I come.  It is nice to know that the emergency room doctor uses the same pliers as me, just sterilized.  Lesson re-learned.
><)))">