My Grease Is A Newborn Babe

Started by cbar45, July 27, 2016, 05:27:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

cbar45

Needed to place another order for grease; this time my package was accompanied by the following letter:

Apparently I am a valued customer and my grease is 21 days old... ;D

P.S--

No affiliation with the company, just sharing something I've been using as an alternate on drag washers the last few years. Works great, only caveat is that its polyurea thickener must be compatibility-checked--in cases where it is possible for a mix of two different greases to occur.

chad

RowdyW

Chad, I bought a can of this about 3 years ago. I used it in a few reels but it seemed a little thick. I know that I could thin it but I like Penn blue best right out of the can. The reels I used it in seem like the Magnalube did the job it was supposed to do with no problems. For the drags I only use Cal's or Dupont with teflon.        Rudy

cbar45

Quote from: RowdyW on July 27, 2016, 08:01:21 AM
Chad, I bought a can of this about 3 years ago. I used it in a few reels but it seemed a little thick. I know that I could thin it but I like Penn blue best right out of the can. The reels I used it in seem like the Magnalube did the job it was supposed to do with no problems. For the drags I only use Cal's or Dupont with teflon.        Rudy

Rudy, they make two different lines of grease--Magnalube GX and Magnalube G.

Magnalube G with teflon is what I use on CF drag washers--in everything from a tiny Shimano spinner to International 50 and 80 wides.

It seems to me about the same consistency as the tan Cal's grease, possibly a bit thicker, but not as thick as Yamaha or Evinrude.

Performance-wise, I cannot tell much difference in comparison with the other drag-specific greases out there.

MSDS and TDS are listed on their website if anyone's interested; Company reports a 500 degree melting point which is good.

I should mention I do not use Magnalube G on gearing. For that it's either Yamaha (big reels), and the thinner Corrosion Block grease for smaller stuff.

chad

RowdyW

The can I have is Magnalube G with PTFE. I've used it on everything except the drags. Works fine on the gears. I've used it on conventional reels only. On the few spinners I have I've used the Penn blue only, and Cal's for the drags. Another grease that I have used on the drags is Dupont Teflon Marine Waterproof grease. About the same thickness as Cal's & the color is a shade lighter. I can't tell the difference in use.