Stradic 4000FE Clutch

Started by Brian A, August 07, 2016, 05:17:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Brian A

Hello.  Anyone know if a newer stradic model clutch fits?  Thanks for your time.

johndtuttle

I don't know for sure. You can find a replacement clutch for the FE on ebay, generally.

handi2

I have taken a newer working clutch apart and used the bottom of the old one so it will fit on the body of the reel. They are all just about the same. They change that lower part so it won't fit on other reels. Why I have no clue...
OCD Reel Service & Repair
Gulf Breeze, FL

philaroman

back then the Symetre was identical to the Stradic, w/ fewer bearings & cheaper handle; Sustain 4000FA should also be the same; later on Sedona (FB, I think) used the same design up top (identical rotor) so the AR will probably fit...  probably a few other later, cheaper models...  back then Shimano parts were much more standard/interchangeable

Brian A

thanks guys for the suggestions!  a sahara 4000fd part from a reel i have is a direct replacement and is working great.   but that is also discontinued on the shimano website.  fishshop.shimano . com

The symetre sy-4000FL part is available

RD15423   ROLLER CLUTCH ASSEMBLY   US $6.25

gonna give this one a shot, what do you guys think?

handi2

It may fit but more than likely not. Just change the bottom part to fit your reel.
OCD Reel Service & Repair
Gulf Breeze, FL

philaroman

Quote from: jaybri on August 09, 2016, 03:11:11 AM

The symetre sy-4000FL part is available

RD15423   ROLLER CLUTCH ASSEMBLY   US $6.25

gonna give this one a shot, what do you guys think?

too new; different platform...  I meant SymetreFE is identical/cheaper version of StradicFE & many subsequent Sahara, Sedona, etc. would have the same A/R assembly -- just get a parts/repair lot of 4000-size Shimano's that have the same-looking rotor...  later models that follow the SustainFB/StradicFG "slimmer" design, would be much less useful as a source of parts