Truth Reels Review from Real User

Started by pwall1988, July 29, 2016, 02:28:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

pwall1988

I'm mainly from the Nash County area but have lived in Pitt County for the last decade. I travel all over the coast searching for a decent bite. NC really does have some great fishing to offer. The Pamlico Drum are about pop off!! Fall is almost here and I cannot wait!!!

Tight lines to everybody this fall!!

Oh and GO PIRATES!!!!!!!! AAAAARRRRGGGGHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!

thorhammer

I'm from Hennasun and still have a place at Kerr Lake but live in Wack cty south of Raleigh. Headed to WB in a couple hours, then to lake Monday, then back to CB Wed for offshore trip (hopefully to dirty the Tank), then back to lake striper fishing next Friday.

Did Ryan build those drum rods?

Tightlines!

John

pwall1988

No, I built them myself. I took up rod building this past winter. Got a couple blanks from Ryan. Very happy with them so far.

reddrum55

Come on over to Avon the end of October, and fish the Red Drum Tournament. It's a good time with good prizes. Info on ncbba.org.

Rivverrat

thorhammer

Quote from: pwall1988 on August 15, 2016, 12:23:28 PM
No, I built them myself. I took up rod building this past winter. Got a couple blanks from Ryan. Very happy with them so far.

Everyone I talk to loves those Century blanks. If I get back there this fall I'm gonna snag an 8 n bait blank to build this winter. Got a recco?

pwall1988

reddrum55,
I might do that this year!

When it comes to century blanks. Century makes so many different heavers. It really depends on what kind of caster you are. If you are looking for something that doesn't require a lot of strength I would recommend the Surf Machine Max. If you like something closer to a Allstar 1509, I would go with a Sling Shot 1506. These are the entry level blanks in the century lineup, they have so many blanks that are specific to what you want or fishing for. I would go see Ryan and let him tell you exactly what would be best for what you do.

thorhammer

I'm 240 and get down on it so probably a stiffer blank. Thanks, I'll talk to the man!

pwall1988

When in doubt ask the man! He's always available and willing to help. Good luck this season and if you see me don't be a stranger!

Tight Lines, fall is here!

pwall1988

Got to use my Truth LG yesterday on a Tarpon and King Mackerel. We have a professional Shark Team on our island and they have some tournaments coming up. I killed this tarpon, some people see that as unethical. I am legally allowed to take one a day in NC, so I decided to give it to my friends at GET BENT Shark Fishing Team.

The Truth LG handled these fish with ease, I also hooked multiple sharks that I don't even take photos of. I recently watched a Canyon 20 jigging reel completely fail on a King Mackerel. It was sad to watch and I'm glad my Truth is not from some crappy Chinese factory! I've never seen a reel completely malfunction to where it wouldn't reel any line up. The gears completely shattered and the anti reverse was the first thing to go. Thank you Truth Reels for making such a reliable reel!!! I am very confident in mine.

Rivverrat

It was your catch. I say do as you legally wish to do with it. Reading your post I just have a hard time seeing you as someone that doesnt respect the fish & habitat they come from....Jeff

Dominick

There is nothing unethical about harvesting a fish.  The only reason Tarpon are not harvested is because they taste like seagulls (read awful).  Dominick
Leave the gun.  Take the cannolis.

There are two things I don't like about fishing.  Getting up early in the morning and boats.  The rest of it is fun.

thorhammer

Nice work bro! Get back to high ground by tomorry!!!

Shark Hunter

Life is Good!

oc1

I killed a few tarpon and still feel bad about it.  The memory would be sweeter if they had been released.  The king would have made better shark bait.
-steve