problem with accurate boss xtreme 500

Started by maikpapa, August 07, 2016, 06:33:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

maikpapa

hello everyone!my name is maikl and iam from greece.i watch this forum and its very helpfool for me.i want a litlle help from other members to choose what is best to do with my reel.
i have 1.5 year now the accurate boss xtreme 500 4:1
last week the anti reverse bearing its stop working.i try to clean up but nothing.so i send it to replaced with another more expensive stainles steel anti reverse bearing.the old its not stainles steel.
my question is,what is best for me to do?to sell it and take another good reel without anti reverse bearing?(with twin dog system).
other options is shimano talica-okuma andros-daiwa saltist.i have the daiwa saltist ld20 ii speed and its super.
what is your opinion?is better to sell it?or with this stainles bearing it will work for many years more?
one thing more.to tell the trooth,at the first days with my accurate i wash it with fresh water!!about 4-5 times.after i stoped because i realise that is not good.
so i am a little responsible for the damage bearing.
sorry for my bad english!

alantani

the stainless steel anti-reverse roller bearing should last much longer than they non-stainless german AR-bearing.  i just replaced one today.  i installed two, but i had to shim the handle so that it would work properly.  go with a single stainless steel AR bearing.  i will work fine!
send me an email at alantani@yahoo.com for questions!