AjiKingPro Jigger

Started by Roger, April 16, 2010, 12:20:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Roger

Alan, how about the scoop on that the Ajiking reel you just went through.......
Roger

"Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover."   Mark Twain

Phinaddict

Hey Roger,
Are these another Avet SX clone like the Omoto VS series or Offshore America Jigtiga?
The price is right.....( but I would stick with Avet given the choice of the three).

Gene
The Two Rules of Success:
1. Don't tell everything you know

alantani

it's an avet sx copy, and not a very good one at that. 

here's the frame. 

side plate. 

the spool with a funky looking drag washer. 

here's the aji king drag washer next to an avet sx drag washer.

the reel is such a close copy of the avet sx that the avet sx drag washer fits perfectly.  so now you have an aji king with open spool bearings, side plate and pressure plate bearing that are packed with grease, and a greased carbon fiber drag washer.  since there are no detents in the lever arm or cam, you'll still have to guess where "strike" is. 

send me an email at alantani@yahoo.com for questions!

Roger

That drag washer looks like a piece of shoe leather..... 
Roger

"Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover."   Mark Twain

alantani

send me an email at alantani@yahoo.com for questions!

Ripley

" since there are no detents in the lever arm or cam, you'll still have to guess where "strike" is". 

Really old post, but I have playing with one of these.

This one goes under the "Black Marlin" name, but I wonder if the idea is because these are designed for jigging, not trolling or bait.  "Pro Jigger".

Seems logical to preset the drag, flip back the lever to free and drop your jig down, forward into gear and to preset drag. Begin working your lure.

These may actually be a really cool cheap reel for the "Micro jigging" trend.

A silk purse from a sow's ear?