the most incredible rockcod fishing in a very long time!

Started by alantani, August 16, 2016, 05:19:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

alantani

yesterday out of half moon bay was epic!  we fished shallow water for rockfish in a 2 pound average, then a friend of mine (thanks, khanh!) called us out into deeper water for ling cod.  we stuck 12, and a bunch of even larger rockfish!  the cell phone photos are all messed up.  only two came out right, so i'm going back to my trusty 10 year old nikon! 

send me an email at alantani@yahoo.com for questions!

foakes

Excellent, Alan!

Nice fish -- Glad you had a good day weather-wise, and some fortunate results.

Best,

Fred
The Official, Un-Authorized Service and Restoration Center for quality vintage spinning reels.

D-A-M Quick, Penn, Mitchell, and ABU/Zebco Cardinals

--------

The first rule of fishing is to fish where the fish are. The second rule of fishing is to never forget the first rule.

"Enjoy the little things in Life — For someday, you may look back — and realize that they were the big things"
                                                     Fred O.

Dominick

How lucky can one get?  Look at how flat the water is and good fishing on top of that.  Dominick
Leave the gun.  Take the cannolis.

There are two things I don't like about fishing.  Getting up early in the morning and boats.  The rest of it is fun.

MarkT

Just rockfish with no Yellowtail? This is August, isn't it?

Nice going with the girls and Joey.
When I was your age Pluto was a planet!

Smols

Nice wash down modification on the filet table! Looks like you could take a shower with that apparatus.  :D

Shark Hunter

Life is Good!

Alto Mare

Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.

mo65

~YOU CAN TUNA GEETAR...BUT YOU CAN'T TUNA FEESH~

pjstevko

Nice fish!!!!

At least someone has gotten to wet a line!!!!

Newell Nut

johndtuttle

handi2

Y'all sure have some ugly fish on your side of town!!
OCD Reel Service & Repair
Gulf Breeze, FL

conchydong

Hail to the Chief! Excellent fishing sir. I have fished in Baja, but never north of that unless you count Grunion grabbing in the surf off of Point Magu. This Florida boy needs to expand my Pacific Ocean horizons.

steelfish

so envy, I havent been on the water since few months now, work, family, and extreme summer temps have put me on solid ground.

congrats Boss
The Baja Guy

Steve-O

Way to go, Alan and crew!

More pics, more pics!

please and thank you.