Saltist 30TH issue

Started by dockboy, August 22, 2016, 06:08:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

dockboy

Put the Carbontex upgrade in my STT30TH last night. Went to crank down the drag for a drag check just now and noticed as the drag pressure increases, the harder the handle is to turn. Never run into this issue before. I pulled up the schematic, disassembled the drag stack, and made sure the spring washers were in the () position. Same result. What could be causing this?

Bryan Young

Sounds like the star may be bottoming out. You may need to add another Belleville or thrust washer between the star and ARB sleeve.
:D I talk with every part I send out and each reel I repair so that they perform at the top of their game. :D

alantani

if there are spring washers present, orient them in a "()" configuration to give more height.  also, make sure all of the washers are present and in the proper orientation and sequence.  worst case, let me know if you need another washer and i can send one. i would need to be reminded of the diameter of the drive shaft. 
send me an email at alantani@yahoo.com for questions!

dockboy

Went thru it again. I put the AR sleeve in the wrong position me thinks, works fine now  ;D

Also had replaced the bushing behind the control with a bearing of the same dimensions. Dont know if this helped or hindered, but I just put tbe bushing back in. Anyways, all good. Thanks for the advice!

Cor

Oh well it happens, at least we learn like that ;D

I did something similar to one of my reels and spent 2 weeks fault finding, not so long ago.
Cornelis