New Tiburon Super Jigmaster Kits Ready to Ship Now

Started by Vintage Offshore Tackle, August 23, 2016, 11:31:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

swill88

Randy, what is planned to be included with the super magnum kits and which plates are needed or required?

Steve

Vintage Offshore Tackle

Steve, the Magnum kit will consist of the 3" wide frame and rod clamp kit (same as the Super Jigmaster), and special Jigmaster Magnum spool.  You would need to supply a set of complete Accurate Jigmaster Magnum side plate assemblies.  Do not buy the kit unless you have all of the special Magnum parts because those parts can be very hard to find (special yoke, gear case cover plate, etc.).  I think that I should be able to work it out to take the existing narrower Magnum spools and frames as credit if anyone wanted to trade them.

Thanks,

Randy

mikeysm

Randy wasn't Tom supose to be making magnum side plates in the near future. Or is that dead now.

Mike

Bryan Young

Quote from: mikeysm on September 01, 2016, 11:09:59 AM
Randy wasn't Tom supose to be making magnum side plates in the near future. Or is that dead now.

Mike

The rumor that I heard was that Tom was working on magnum squidders.  Note that it was a rumor.  I have not confirmed it with Tom.
:D I talk with every part I send out and each reel I repair so that they perform at the top of their game. :D

mikeysm

I seem to remember they were going to make a series of magnum kits. I could be wrong give me a few days to find the post I read to make sure I'm correct.

Vintage Offshore Tackle

Mike, I haven't talked with Tom about the Magnum kits.  I do remember seeing a post asking Tom if he would make some, but I do not remember Tom saying that he definitely would.  I would love to know if he is going to make them, because if he is, I would definitely make the 3" wide frame spool kits.  As it is, I only have requests for seven Magnum kits and that isn't enough to justify the investment to pay up front to build thirty kits.

Randy

mikeysm

I see that without the side plates its kind of dead in the water for most people . My accurate squidder magnum is on the heavy side. Also the reel is not as smooth as Tom's plates. I believe the gears are closer to each other and need to wear in to smooth out. Tom's plates are spot on and thats what I like. Here is the post i read.

http://alantani.com/index.php?topic=18216.msg191920#msg191920

Yogi_fish808

Just to see what it would look like I bolted up a standard superjigmaster kit to my magnum plates. We need too light a fire and get these done. A 3" wide jigmaster with all the great 113h upgrades we have available while being able to spool up a substantial amount of 50-60lb mono and make huge drag #'s would make for the ultimate evolution of what these reels can be. If you'd be interested in making the super kit for these happen let Randy know asap.

Aloha,
Kyle

much wider than the a 500 width

1/4" wider than a 113hlw

SS double dog bridge and 4:1 SS gears going in

Adam's excellent drag insert kit, who would've thought this could go into a jigmaster.

timtastic

Yogi, how does the super jig cast?

for casting and sliding applications here in Hawaii, a magnum super jig would be great- especially with enough capacity to run 60-80 lb test

David Hall

Vintage Offshore Tackle

Thanks Dave.  I will let everyone know by 10-7 if we have enough Magnum orders to run them.

Randy

Fishamen7

just picked up a magnum jigmaster...please put me down for a super kit

Sorry, randy I will have to cancel on the red jigmaster I was planning on getting from you.
I couldn't pass up the magnum.

timtastic

Hey Randy,
just in case you didn't get my msg, put me down for two magnums.

thanks

Vintage Offshore Tackle

Quote from: timtastic on September 30, 2016, 07:23:25 AM
Hey Randy,
just in case you didn't get my msg, put me down for two magnums.

thanks

Thanks Tim.  I have you down for two.  We are getting closer to having enough orders to make the magnum kits, but I still need to sell ten more by next week.  I am getting home tonight and will see what I can do about hustling up more orders.

Randy

captbobv

Greetings Randy, Considering your caution here (August 29,2016) "Do not buy the kit unless you have all of the special Magnum parts because those parts can be very hard to find (special yoke, gear case cover plate, etc.)". I have a (sacrificial ?) Jigmaster 500, and I'm looking at the side plates Tom H. has available(?) on his web site, as well as all the internals upgrades at Pro-Challenger and Motive. Do you know if Tom's plates are still available? Will they work in this application (i.e. gear case cover plate etc.)? What is the "special" yoke? I'd love to pull this all together, for a 3" wide Jigmaster build, complete with all the hot-rodding. Am I missing something here, or can I go ahead and have you add me to your list for one kit? Thanks, Bob