New Tiburon Super Jigmaster Kits Ready to Ship Now

Started by Vintage Offshore Tackle, August 23, 2016, 11:31:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Vintage Offshore Tackle

Bob, my notes about needing all of the special Magnum components applies only to the Magnum kit.  You do not need any special parts to build the Super Jigmaster, just a complete set of side plate assemblies, which can be stock Penn, Cortez, Accurate, Lee Pro, or Baja Pacific.  You can use all of the internal upgrades that you mentioned, or you can go with all stock internal parts.  You can also choose between the standard 500 or the 505HS spools.  The frame is interchangeable.  If you would like me to put you down for one, please let me know whether you are going to be using the 500 or 505HS side plates.

Thanks,

Randy

Swami805

I'd be in for the magnum sideplates but I'm not a big fan of really wide reels. The way I understand it the magnum plates would only be compatible  with the wide frames. Any chance some one on here making a cover similar to the one on the original accurate magnums? It doesn't seem to be too complex and I think would increase the market for the magnum plates. I realize making a bunch of different size frames doesn't seem to make sense, at this point anyway. Thoughts?
BTW glad you're back Randy, have the pop corn ready for you to regale us with tales of 800lb tuna.
Sheridan
Do what you can with that you have where you are

captbobv

Hi Randy, Thanks for your response. After a weekend of reading, I'm starting to understand all that goes into the 'Magnum' kit. My interest is the higher drag #'s (and double dog capability); as someone else noted, the Magnum Super Jigmaster set-up would be ideal for Hawaii shore fishing. I have big hands so the wide spool is no deterrent. Where (in your opinion) would be the best place to post a 'Want to buy" ad for a set of the Magnum plates? Thanks, Bob
P.S. I'm still considering a Newell 808 frame, if still available. Thanks

Vintage Offshore Tackle

Dear Bob,

I would post a "want to buy" ad in that forum on this website, and on Bloodydecks.com, but you would be better off buying a complete reel, because if I am not able to run the Magnum kits, you will need the Magnum spool, which would be very hard to find.

We are definitely running the Super Jigmaster and Newell 808 kits, in fact I am going to meet with Tiburon tomorrow to place the orders for delivery in early-mid December.  Do you want one?

Mahalo,

Randy

Swami805

There's accurate magnum parts for a 500 on the big auction site. Side plates and a spool but nothing else and they're used.
Do what you can with that you have where you are

Vintage Offshore Tackle

Quote from: Vintage Offshore Tackle on October 05, 2016, 07:16:27 PM
Dear Bob,

I would post a "want to buy" ad in that forum on this website, and on Bloodydecks.com, but you would be better off buying a complete reel, because if I am not able to run the Magnum kits, you will need the Magnum spool, which would be very hard to find.

We are definitely running the Super Jigmaster and Newell 808 kits, in fact I am going to meet with Tiburon tomorrow to place the orders for delivery in early-mid December.  Do you want one?

Mahalo,

Randy

I just sent you a PM Bob.  Please let me know if you did not receive it.  Mahalo, Randy

Vintage Offshore Tackle

Quote from: bigggfish on August 29, 2016, 02:58:20 PM
RNDY, I WOULD BE INTERESTED IN ONE IF THEY FIT THEY NEWELL 300 PLATES!!  THANKS,,,, JIM

Dear Jim,

I am picking the Newell 808 kits up on Monday and plan to ship Wednesday and Thursday.  Would it be OK if I send you a Paypal invoice for your one kit on Tuesday?

Thanks,

Randy

Vintage Offshore Tackle

These Tiburon Super Jigmaster kits consist of a silver aluminum frame and spool and an aluminum rod clamp kit with stainless studs and nuts. They fit the Penn 500 and 500S Jigmasters (and the 259, 250, and 1/0 Senator) and widen the frame to 3", or 1/4" wider than the Newell Yellowfin Special or 344.  If you enjoy the castability and easy handling of a Jigmaster-size reel, but need more line capacity, this kit might be just the ticket.

The complete kits are $195 Paypal with free shipping by USPS first class parcel with tracking to anywhere in the USA including Alaska, Hawaii, Guam, Samoa, Micronesia, Marianas, Palau, Marshall Islands, Virgin Islands, Puerto Rico, etc.  We ship worldwide. 

If you want one, please message me the email address for your Paypal account and your correct shipping address and I will send you a Paypal invoice.

Thank you,

Randy

Vintage Offshore Tackle

Quote from: bigggfish on August 29, 2016, 02:58:20 PM
RNDY, I WOULD BE INTERESTED IN ONE IF THEY FIT THEY NEWELL 300 PLATES!!  THANKS,,,, JIM

Jim, the kits do fit the Newell 300 series plates and the reviews have been great so far.  Some reels require a shim under the right side bearing and some don't.  Please let me know if you still want one.

Thanks,

Randy

Tightlines667

Randy,

Thank you for supplying the final 2 pieces for my reel!

I'm going to fish this one.

John
Hope springs eternal
for the consumate fishermen.

Vintage Offshore Tackle

Quote from: Tightlines666 on January 14, 2017, 11:46:57 PM
Randy,

Thank you for supplying the final 2 pieces to me reel!
I'm going to fish this one.

John

Thank you for your business John, and for taking the time to post the photos.  I love the way that the silver looks with that blue reel seat.  I hope that Daron sees this post because he has a great collection of the old "Californian" blue Accurate conversions that look like a perfect match for that reel seat color.

If anyone would like to get the maximum line capacity out of their Jigmaster or 300 series Newell, we have a dozen Super Jigmaster kits left for the 500 and a few for the 505HS and a few of the 808 kits for the Newell 300 series.  They are $195 including shipping to anywhere that the US Postal Service goes, including Hawaii, Alaska, Guam, Micronesia, Puerto Rico, the US Virgin Islands, etc.  We also gladly ship to military FPO, APO and DPO, etc.  These spools comfortably hold 320-350 yards of 50 lb. mono, and/or miles of Spectra.  We ship worldwide and accept Paypal.

Vintage Offshore Tackle

Please take a look at John's photos and let me know if you have any questions about these kits.

Thanks,

Randy

Puffer Fish

Gfish

Fishing tackle is an art form and all fish caught on the right tackle are"Gfish"!

Vintage Offshore Tackle

Quote from: Gfish on May 10, 2018, 10:25:50 PM
Randy, any a these Super Jm. Kits still hangin round?.

They are all gone, but I am planning to run a few more this summer, and some 808 kits for the Newells too