age of penn reels by handle color

Started by alantani, December 07, 2008, 04:38:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MACflyer and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Maxed Out

Quote from: Alto Mare on February 17, 2012, 12:48:32 PM
Ted, it's ok to give some information, buy don't overdo it ;).
You're creating a lot of competation for us. ;D ;D ;D

You're right Sal.......Thanks for the heads up......Time to retreat to "lurker mode"
We Must Never Forget Our Veterans....God Bless Them All !!

Alto Mare

Ted, I was only joking ;D. Keep dishing out your knowledge, I'm sure we will all benefit by it. Later buddy, Sal
Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.

1badf350

If you have arrived at this thread through a link posted by "Ron" on fishing talks forum, the info he posted is wrong as usual. Clearly he did not read this whole thread. When i pointed out that he posted incorrect info they (or he) deleted my post and banned my account

https://www.fishingtalks.com/the-color-of-knobs-on-penn-handles-78056.html
-Chris

"I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, and I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to other people and I require the same from them."
John Wayne as J.B. Books in "The Shootist"

bhale1

....and that's why i love, and follow this site! Always a lot of good people to answer questions, and no judgments! Kind of refreshing in this day and age, that I can come here for help and not feel too stupid ;D
....and I agree, that was bad info!!!
Brett

oc1

Man, that was a rookie mistake; wasn't it?
-steve

alantani

i had never heard of fishing talks before.  what's the place all about?   :-\
send me an email at alantani@yahoo.com for questions!

1badf350

Quote from: alantani on November 21, 2018, 07:58:16 PM
i had never heard of fishing talks before.  what's the place all about?   :-\
Its not even  worth talking about. A small, low traffic site where some of the worst misinformation and bad advice gets spread around. The one guy "Ron" posts in literally every thread, and is often very misinformed himself. He didnt like being told he gives bad advice so he banned me or had admins ban me.
-Chris

"I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, and I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to other people and I require the same from them."

alantani

yeah, didn't see much there.  i was just curious.  thanks! 

bhale1

Oh well, some people dont want to learn I guess.
Their loss Chris!
Brett

sdlehr

Quote from: 1badf350 on November 21, 2018, 08:01:59 PM
Quote from: alantani on November 21, 2018, 07:58:16 PM
i had never heard of fishing talks before.  what's the place all about?   :-\
Its not even  worth talking about. A small, low traffic site where some of the worst misinformation and bad advice gets spread around. The one guy "Ron" posts in literally every thread, and is often very misinformed himself. He didnt like being told he gives bad advice so he banned me or had admins ban me.
Don't fret, Chris, I've been thrown off of better sites myself! :) I got thrown off the Antique Penn Facebook page for complaining to the moderator about a post that was at the least in poor taste, at most gay-bashing. I got no response and was thrown out of the group. I told the moderator I would be embarrassed to have a post like that on a forum I moderated. I guess he didn't agree.
Sid Lehr
Veterinarian, fishing enthusiast, custom rod builder, reel collector

1badf350

Sid it makes me appreciate sites like this.
-Chris

Bill B

The 12 year old rule is a good one....others should adopt it.  Bill
It may not be very productive,
but it's sure going to be interesting!

alantani

some places might just be too far gone........

i have been trying to help some guys out on another site, but one of the moderators contacted me and told me that i was not allowed to post links for solutions that directed people here.  oh, and if i did so again, i would be suspended.  now, i was given the option of becoming a "sponsor" and then i could post links.  i was actually curious, so i contacted them to see what would be involved to become a sponsor and how much it would cost.  if it's not too much money, i might actually do that. 

now before you guys start in and say, well, "i should be charging them...", i do understand the need for the rule.  they are trying to make money off of their website.  they did ask for the address for this website, however.  it's going to blow them away when they see how far you can go with a little cooperation.   ;D