Neat Tool / Lead Storage from IKEA

Started by coastal_dan, August 26, 2016, 05:30:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

coastal_dan

I know many people hate IKEA, but we are huge fans (if you know what to buy and the materials it's made out of  :P)  Some of our IKEA furniture is at least 10 years old and just need a little tightening every once in a while.

With that said we live about 10 minutes from an IKEA and sometimes just go for dinner and a nice walk with the kiddos.  Hard to beat a $20 meal for 3 people (baby doesn't eat a whole lot yet, haha).  So in our meandering we noticed this neat little steel cabinet in Grey...immediately I knew it would be perfect for folks at this site, especial as a tool/part/storage cabinet for $40.

Once I put mine together I'll take a picture, but until then, here is the link...

http://www.ikea.com/us/en/catalog/products/60296126/#/80296125

Steel cabinets from back in the day are getting ridiculously expensive around the city and are usually dented/rusty/gross, so this may be a nice substitute.

Tight Lines!
Dan from Philadelphia...

Where Land Ends Life Begins...

swill88

I was reading the new Ikea catalog a few weeks ago and saw that metal cabinet and had the same thoughts.

mizmo67

~Mo

Maureen Albertson :)
Scott's Bait & Tackle / Mystic Reel Parts (Formerly PennParts.com)
Contact Me Via Store Website Please!
Orders/Support# +1 (609) 488-4637 (parts ordering or troubleshooting)
customerservice@mysticparts.com

Tiddlerbasher

bluefish69

How much weight do you think that cabinet will hold? I have 175# of sinkers in storage + 300# of New Lead. I can't move the pail at home.

Mike
I have not failed.  I just found 10,000 ways that won't work.

sdlehr

Thanks, Dan, we're moving (maybe), and this would be a welcome addition to the new workroom.
Sid
Sid Lehr
Veterinarian, fishing enthusiast, custom rod builder, reel collector

ez2cdave

Quote from: bluefish69 on August 26, 2016, 09:41:33 PM
How much weight do you think that cabinet will hold? I have 175# of sinkers in storage + 300# of New Lead. I can't move the pail at home.

Mike

One thing for sure . . . If your going to "load it down", I would remove the Casters from it !

Apparently, several color options are available , too.

Tight Lines !

I love Ikea I can't help it. It's in my Nordic roots or something.  I automatically gravitate to the Black Currant Jam and Gooseberries. 

coastal_dan

Only took about 35 minutes or so to assemble...had to add a few fishing stickers for good measure  :P

Dan from Philadelphia...

STRIPER LOU

http://alantani.com/index.php?topic=17339.0

Same from Good Will? I think it was ten bucks or so.
Best,  ..  Lou

coastal_dan

Dan from Philadelphia...