salmon fishing this friday!

Started by alantani, September 05, 2016, 04:45:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

alantani

we have a guest coming in from out of town.  john hoyle (thorhammer) will be staying with us at the house.  i pick him up at the airport on wednesday and drop him off on sunday.  in between, we have three days to fish.  thursday will be rockfish out of half moon bay with john and a couple of friends of mine, mati and khanh.  saturday will be one of three things - day off, a day of rockcod or salmon on my boat, or a day of large mouth bass at anderson reservoir with our local bass master, joey fortina. 

that leaves friday.  now, the salmon bite is actually pretty good out of the golden gate bridge right now and the winds are supposed to be 5-10 knots but there will be a left over swell because it will blow like crazy the first part of the week.  we can either go in my boat with me, john hoyle, dominick, and maybe Wayne, or we can go with 7 total on the argo.  if there are three to four more of you that want to go, i will talk to craig hanson to see about a final price and let you know. 
send me an email at alantani@yahoo.com for questions!

swill88

I'm up for going fishing Alan... let me know when and where and I'll be there ...

Thanks!

steve

alantani

nice!  it will be this friday.  i'll let you know for sure about wayne.  you may actually be number four if wayne can't make it.  if it's my boat, we launch out of SSF.  otherwise it's back to the argo if we make six or seven. 

alantani

ok, craig on the argo has come through with a "friends and family" price for this friday.  i'd like to try to go this route.  need a few more!  let me know! 

thorhammer

El Pescador

Alan, my friday is NOW open,

Book it Danno (or Alan)!  I'm in.

Wayne
Never let the skinny guys make the sandwiches!!  NEVER!!!!

alantani

ok, we are now up to five.  it's john, me, dominick, wayne and steve.  need one or two more.  winds are forecast for 10 knots SW, windwaves 2 feet, swell NW 4 to 6 feet and coming down.  btw, we are riding for almost half price.  one more?

alantani

Quote from: thorhammer on September 05, 2016, 11:50:13 AM
I'm super stoked right here...

john, here is your fishing itinerary so far.  thursday is rockcod out of half moon bay on my boat with you, me, mati and khanh.  friday is salmon fishing on the argo.  saturday is optional.  we can fish off my boat anywhere you want to go, you can go with joey (out local bass master!) for a day of large mouth bass fishing at one of the local reservoirs, or you can take the day off and we kick back, maybe even get you out shopping so that you can buy something nice for your wife!  we just have to be back in time for dinner saturday evening. 

swill88

Quote from: alantani on September 05, 2016, 05:46:34 PM
Quote from: thorhammer on September 05, 2016, 11:50:13 AM
I'm super stoked right here...

john, here is your fishing itinerary so far.  thursday is rockcod out of half moon bay on my boat with you, me, mati and khanh.  friday is salmon fishing on the argo.  saturday is optional.  we can fish off my boat anywhere you want to go, you can go with joey (out local bass master!) for a day of large mouth bass fishing at one of the local reservoirs, or you can take the day off and we kick back, maybe even get you out shopping so that you can buy something nice for your wife!  we just have to be back in time for dinner saturday evening. 

Alan.... your second career!

A natural tour guide and vacation planner!

Let's get one more for the Argo... anybody?

alantani

we can run with five, no problem.  six is just easier.  if we run with seven, then i will be designated deckhand.  we will be running with out a paid deckhand anyway, so i will be scooping fish.  hey, i only missed twice last time!   ;D

thorhammer

Point one:I'm not a guest. I'm a mate. I don't care if I personally catch or not as long as the boats do.

Alan, this is unbelievable of you to put this together, and I can't wait to meet the crowd.

I'm riding with you. I'm up for anything. When I get wife coffee cups in airport she's happy so let's wet it if it works. If I go shopping it will be in yours, Randy's , or Tom's toolbox. :)))

mo65

WOW! Sounds like a great time! Take lots of pics fellas! 8)
~YOU CAN TUNA GEETAR...BUT YOU CAN'T TUNA FEESH~

El Pescador

Quote from: mo65 on September 05, 2016, 08:38:08 PM
WOW!  .......    Take lots of pics fellas! 8)

Will do Mo!

It's my job!

After all, I was the High School....   Yearbook.....   Photographer!!!!

Wayne
Never let the skinny guys make the sandwiches!!  NEVER!!!!

sdlehr

Sounds like fun, wish I were on the west coast. Wayne, I was also known as the yearbook photographer....!!!
Sid Lehr
Veterinarian, fishing enthusiast, custom rod builder, reel collector

David Hall

Quote from: sdlehr on September 06, 2016, 12:38:44 AM
Sounds like fun, wish I were on the west coast. Wayne, I was also known as the yearbook photographer....!!!

I know there used to be a train service that ran from coast to coast, but I think some clever guys upgraded it airplanes?   8)