Salmon Fishing on the Argo with Thorhammer and the gang 9/9/2016

Started by El Pescador, September 10, 2016, 04:31:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Alto Mare

Quote from: El Pescador on September 11, 2016, 02:29:50 PM

And as you can see, this car and what we could see of the driver, both were COVERED in the white talc-like powder of the alkaline dry lake bed, COVERING everything, EVERYTHING, and more of EVERYTHING.

The things you see while just living your life...

Wayne
I don't know Wayne, He could be coming home from burying someone  :-\. Familiar with Heisenberg from Breaking Bad? ;D
Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.

Dominick

Hey Wayne, thanks for making me look good.  If it wasn't so darn cold I would have taken my shirt off to give the members a treat.   ;D  Dominick
Leave the gun.  Take the cannolis.

There are two things I don't like about fishing.  Getting up early in the morning and boats.  The rest of it is fun.

Alto Mare

Quote from: Dominick on September 11, 2016, 06:17:49 PM
Hey Wayne, thanks for making me look good.  If it was darn clod I would have taken my shirt off to give the members a treat.   ;D  Dominick
Thank goodness for the cool weather ::)
Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.

alantani

wayne, thanks for posting all of the photos.  i know it's alot of work.  for the last several days my allergies have been horrific.  even stoned on antihistamines, my nos is still running.  took john to the airport this morning with a few extra goodies from the garage.  had a great time!
send me an email at alantani@yahoo.com for questions!

El Pescador

Quote from: alantani on September 11, 2016, 08:44:10 PM
wayne, thanks for posting all of the photos.  i know it's alot of work.  had a great time!

Alan,

GREAT Salmon trip you put together!

Posting the photos & report is no more work than listening to Dominick all the way back home :o ;D

Wayne
Never let the skinny guys make the sandwiches!!  NEVER!!!!

Dominick

There are two things I don't like about fishing.  Getting up early in the morning and boats.  The rest of it is fun.

Bill B

It may not be very productive,
but it's sure going to be interesting!

broadway

Really great post, Wayne! Always nice to see my pals go fishing together, but like Sal, I wish I was there.
John, is a great guy with a ton of passion for everything fishing.  Dominick is more full of life than any 40 year old that I hang out with, not to mention has more chest hair than any of us too. ::)
Alan, looks like he's right at home working the deck to make sure his flock has a productive day on the water.  I've gotten to meet 3 of the 6 guys on that trip, and if the 3 I didn't meet (Steve, Wayne, and Mati) can hang with the 3 I've met I'd hang with them any day. Happy to see our members getting together for a fishing trip from across the country.
Thanks for taking us out with yas,
Dom

alantani

remember, you guys are still welcomed anytime!  the guest room is really comfortable and joy loves to go shopping, even if she never buys anything.
send me an email at alantani@yahoo.com for questions!

broadway

Thanks Alan, I seriously hope to take you up on that some day.  The transition would be easy for me due to the fact that the only way in my house is shoeless as well... As much as I love NYC I don't love it's grime on my floors.  Maybe my ancestors are Japanese ;)
PS- Kim is really good about controlling her spending for the most part, but when she goes big she outdoes herself... I'm sure she could teach Joy the ropes :o
Stay fishy,
Dom

Dominick

Quote from: broadway on September 11, 2016, 11:42:00 PM
    Really great post, Wayne! Always nice to see my pals go fishing together, but like Sal, I wish I was there.
John, is a great guy with a ton of passion for everything fishing.  Dominick is more full of life than any 40 year old that I hang out with, not to mention has more chest hair than any of us too. ::)
Alan, looks like he's right at home working the deck to make sure his flock has a productive day on the water.  I've gotten to meet 3 of the 6 guys on that trip, and if the 3 I didn't meet (Steve, Wayne, and Mati) can hang with the 3 I've met I'd hang with them any day. Happy to see our members getting together for a fishing trip from across the country.
Dom
Dom, didn't you mean to say on his manly chest?   :D Dominick

El Pescador

Quote from: broadway on September 11, 2016, 11:42:00 PM
John, is a great guy with a ton of passion for everything fishing.  
 I've gotten to meet 3 of the 6 guys on that trip, and if the 3 I didn't meet (Steve, Wayne, and Mati) can hang with the 3 I've met I'd hang with them any day. Happy to see our members getting together for a fishing trip from across the country.
Dom

broadway!

You and I meeting will happen sooner than later!  Our son and his growing family live in Astoria, NY, and Jennifer and I venture back to visit with them several times a year, mainly to spend time with the two cutest grandchildren ANY grandparent can call their own!!!

So, plan on 2017 as our scheduled meeting time. Dominick tells me I was very close to your neck of the woods, when I visited Kossar's Bialys on the lower east side during our last visit.   AND that you have an assocation with Arturo's Pizza in lower Manhattan, and IF that is the case, Book it Danno!   Pizza is MY favorite food, and I'm finding NYC makes some great pies!

Just enjoyed Roberta's during our last visit, Man, I would call that THE best pizza pie I'VE ever had!!!  Get ready we're coming back.
Any fishing in the area????

Wayne
Never let the skinny guys make the sandwiches!!  NEVER!!!!

Bryan Young

Quote from: alantani on September 12, 2016, 12:17:24 AM
remember, you guys are still welcomed anytime!  the guest room is really comfortable and joy loves to go shopping, even if she never buys anything.
Let's see how she likes shopping when she shops with Kehli. :o ::) ;D ;)
:D I talk with every part I send out and each reel I repair so that they perform at the top of their game. :D

steelfish

The Baja Guy

redsetta

Great photos and a terrific report - thanks for taking us along!
Cheers lads, Justin
PS I'll be in Morro Bay next month, so will swing by and say hi...
Fortitudine vincimus - By endurance we conquer