Advice needed in setting up new reel!

Started by steppenwolph, September 13, 2016, 09:52:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bill B

SW thats a great set up and will last many years.....now we need some fish pictures to complete the deal....Bill
It may not be very productive,
but it's sure going to be interesting!

Alto Mare

I've been using Ugly Stik for a long time, nice rods.
Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.

steppenwolph

Quote from: Alto Mare on October 19, 2016, 09:57:23 PM
I've been using Ugly Stik for a long time, nice rods.

The Ugly Stik seems to be the best 'bang for the buck' that I have found.  There are undoubtedly nicer rods, but at equally elevated prices.  If I was going to spend real money for a rod, I would far rather support one of the custom rod makers on this board.

ez2cdave

Quote from: steppenwolph on October 20, 2016, 01:24:02 AMThe Ugly Stik seems to be the best 'bang for the buck' that I have found.  There are undoubtedly nicer rods, but at equally elevated prices.  If I was going to spend real money for a rod, I would far rather support one of the custom rod makers on this board.

Like the sign in the old Hot Rod Shop used to say, "Speed Costs Money, How Fast Do Yo Want To Go ?" . . . LOL !

Looks like a good rod choice to me .

Tight Lines !

Fishy247

Looks like an excellent rod choice to me. The salmon/steelhead type rods tend to be more parabolic and from what I understand about walleye fishing, that's what guys like to use due to their soft mouths. Looking forward to some pics and reports!

Welcome aboard!
Mike

Tiddlerbasher

Looks like an excellent wife choice ;D Great sense of humour 8)