Imported Reel Knockoffs.. Mini-Rant...

Started by ReelSpeed, March 26, 2011, 06:44:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

theswimmer

Quote from: OldSchool on June 25, 2015, 04:08:15 AM
Quote from: ez2cdave on June 06, 2015, 11:13:22 PM
Quote from: ReelSpeed on March 26, 2011, 06:44:38 PMWhen you show me a lever drag reel completely made in the USA for $200 or less that has SS Gears, CF drags, AR Bearing & Silent Dogs, Fully Greased non-spool bearings & lightly oiled spool bearings,a solid Aluminum frame, Thrust bearings to prevent handle binding, at least Type III Anodizing, then I will be impressed!  Oh wait, that is what I plan to release!  PM me if you are interested in a reel like that!  ;D

-Aaron

OK . . . Where are your reels ???

Yeah? I wondered that about 1-1/2yrs ago and figured someone messed up the maths and later realised it wasn't going to happen.

Last active    May 19, 2013, 09:27:56 PM
There is nothing like lying flat on your back on the deck, alone except for the helmsman aft at the wheel, silence except for the lapping of the sea against the side of the ship. At that time you can be equal to Ulysses and brother to him.

Errol Flynn

jig-guy

I am old school and use my Old well serviced and upgraded Penn reels. My oldest reel that I purchase is a Penn 500 JigMaster 1953 when I was 12. My last trip I landed 2 nice yellowfin tuna on it, fun using old stuff.
The new stuff is cool and I am not putting it down but I just don't have time to wear them out :).

ez2cdave

ez2cdave