"LE LURE" AMBASSADEUR

Started by nelz, September 25, 2016, 12:09:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

nelz

I have looked all over the internet for information about a special edition Ambassadeur 5000 "Le Lure" reel, but cannot find anything about it. It's odd not to find anything except for the eBay listing. Does anybody have any info about this reel?

My research did reveal that there's a famous musky fisherman, Verlin "Frenchy" LeMay, who founded the LeLure Tackle Company. This reel has that company's logo on it, but that's all I can come up with.

So, I am wondering, was it a genuine Abu release or was it done after market? How many were produced? It's a beautiful little reel, all chrome. Any info would be very appreciated, thanks.

nelz

Here's a pic. The reel sold but I would still like to know something about it, it appears to be such a rare one.

Rancanfish

What did it sell for?

I think the definition of crazy would be starting an Abu collection.  I have never seen any other reels with as many variations. 
I woke today and suddenly nothing happened.

nelz

This reel is actually a identical to the 5000 C 75th Anniversary, except without the custom "75th" engraving / etching on the side. Instead, it has the "Le Lure" logo and a series number (09).