ANYONE INTERESTED IN SALMON FISHING WITH CAPTAIN KHANH

Started by Dominick, September 28, 2016, 11:05:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dominick

Okay guys.  Captain Kahn got back to me.  He is available.  His text message said: "I am available but the weather might not let us out.  Can I check the 3 days forecast and get back to you on Saturday afternoon."  Now this is okay with me.  Is everyone good with waiting to confirm on Saturday?  That will be me, Big Tim, Jonathon and Steve.  Please respond in a reply.  Dominick
Leave the gun.  Take the cannolis.

There are two things I don't like about fishing.  Getting up early in the morning and boats.  The rest of it is fun.

swill88

Big Tim

Dominick

Good we'll wait for Jonathan to respond.  I checked the long range forecast and it looks good wind and wave conditions but a chance of showers.  dominick

There are two things I don't like about fishing.  Getting up early in the morning and boats.  The rest of it is fun.

theswimmer

Sticksinthespokes!

Should we delay a day or three?
I am lucky enough to have some flexibility at work , and I can fish when it's rough.
Still prefer smooth sailing....
The forecast has changed every day since the forecast  started calling for a storm.
That combined with the off shore data tells me we might have a short period swell on Mon/Tues.
Which is just  horrible for trolling North .
What say ye?

Best,
JT
There is nothing like lying flat on your back on the deck, alone except for the helmsman aft at the wheel, silence except for the lapping of the sea against the side of the ship. At that time you can be equal to Ulysses and brother to him.

Errol Flynn

theswimmer

As usual I didn't answer the question......
Apologies  Senor Dom.
I will go whenever, so short notice is OK with me

As before,
Jonathan
There is nothing like lying flat on your back on the deck, alone except for the helmsman aft at the wheel, silence except for the lapping of the sea against the side of the ship. At that time you can be equal to Ulysses and brother to him.

Errol Flynn

Dominick

Quote from: theswimmer on September 30, 2016, 02:25:31 AM
Sticksinthespokes!

Should we delay a day or three?
I am lucky enough to have some flexibility at work , and I can fish when it's rough.
Still prefer smooth sailing....
The forecast has changed every day since the forecast  started calling for a storm.
That combined with the off shore data tells me we might have a short period swell on Mon/Tues.
Which is just  horrible for trolling North .
What say ye?

Best,
JT
I have time to delay.  How about everyone else.  weigh in.  Dominick

Big Tim

I'm good either way Dom. If you want to wait for a better weather window an I can make it I'm in.

Tim

Dominick

How about Tues. or Wed. if Monday looks sloppy?  Dominick

David Hall

I don't think you will find a better captain to fish with.

Dominick

Quote from: David Hall on September 30, 2016, 05:26:15 AM
I haven't fished with him but Alan and Bryan recommend him highly.  Dominick

swill88

Rancanfish

Quote from: Dominick on September 30, 2016, 05:29:56 AM
Quote from: David Hall on September 30, 2016, 05:26:15 AM
I haven't fished with him but Alan and Bryan recommend him highly.  Dominick

I fished with him. Quiet fish killer.  He's one of those guys that is experienced, keeps up to date, and will put you on them if they are to be found. Super nice guy to boot.

Oh, and I misspelled his name all the time too.  It's Khanh.   :D
I woke today and suddenly nothing happened.

Big Tim

Is gear provided? I don't think I have any Salmon trolling gear.

Tim

theswimmer

Guys I just stopped for fuel on my way down from Shaver and my Cummins is puking oil out the rear main seal.
Headed for Browns Diesel to see how quick they can repair it.
I'll keep you updated....
Best,
JT

Errol Flynn