Main Menu

Hurricane Mathew

Started by Bill B, October 01, 2016, 05:33:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bill B

First hurricane of the season is now Category 5 and headed for the Caribbean and the East Coast.....prayers sent to all in the path and Good Wishes to all AT members in the way...batten the hatches me hardies....it's gonna be blowin'...keep us posted my brothers and sisters....Bill
It may not be very productive,
but it's sure going to be interesting!

RowdyW

I'm in SE FL. & it isn't looking to good. I hope it turns away from the east coast.

Shark Hunter

I wish all my Florida Members the best of luck. Be safe.
I Love to Vacation in Florida, but I will never live there for this reason.
You be Safe Rudy.
Sid, Same to you.
Life is Good!

RowdyW

I've been riding them out since Andrew in '92. My worst one was Wilma about '05.

ChileRelleno

It has weakened back to a Cat4.
For Jamaica's sake we can only hope it weakens more.
Ragnar Benson:
"Never, under any circumstances, ever become a refugee.
Die if you must, but die on your home turf with your face to the wind, not in some stinking hellhole 2,000 kilometers away, among people you neither know nor care about."

mizmo67

Ugh, the islands are going to get smacked :(

I do hope it slows and breaks up soon.
~Mo

Maureen Albertson :)
Scott's Bait & Tackle / Mystic Reel Parts (Formerly PennParts.com)
Contact Me Via Store Website Please!
Orders/Support# +1 (609) 488-4637 (parts ordering or troubleshooting)
customerservice@mysticparts.com

Bill B

;D
It may not be very productive,
but it's sure going to be interesting!

Dominick

Quote from: TARFU on October 01, 2016, 06:50:22 PM
12 yo rule  ::)
Bill you are correct I took care of it.  Dominick
Leave the gun.  Take the cannolis.

There are two things I don't like about fishing.  Getting up early in the morning and boats.  The rest of it is fun.

Long Enuff

Rudy, knock some of that wind down before it gets to Charleston. Be safe, we will be riding it out also. Rode out Hugo and that one was scary.

sharkman

Hope all goes well for those on the east coast.

otownjoe

I hate hurricanes. I just spent enough to buy  a few new reels and a couple of rods on hurricane supplies. Better safe than sorry. Good luck to all. Joe

conchydong

Just got finished putting up the hurricane shutters and securing the patio furniture.
Got my water, extra chlorine for the pool, gas for the generator/vehicles and liquor yesterday before the big rush. It was somewhat crazy yesterday but today is mayhem. Many gas stations are already out of gas and super markets out of water, bread and.......canned Vienna sausages  ::).

It has been about ten years(?) since the last one for me (Wilma).

Now just have to wait and hope Mathew goes the other way.

Good luck to all in the potential path.

Scott

pjstevko

I hope all those in Florida and the southern East Coast are prepping....

I'll be praying for your safety...

Dominick

Yep visit someone inland.  Be safe.  Dominick
Leave the gun.  Take the cannolis.

There are two things I don't like about fishing.  Getting up early in the morning and boats.  The rest of it is fun.

Newell Nut

Been thru about 8 of them with no issue yet. This is one is not as bad as some of the others so riding it out here in Daytona. The worst hurricane that I have ever seen was in Charlotte, NC and Hugo.