SM handle

Started by Jbare0001, October 03, 2016, 07:44:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jbare0001

Is there a trick to getting the handle off? I unscrewed the screw holding it on with no problems, but it looks like it is fitted to the shaft so tight I can't move it. Am I missing something?

handi2

OCD Reel Service & Repair
Gulf Breeze, FL

Jon_Kol

I assume it's this reel: http://www.truthreels.com/products/truth-reels-sm-star-mag

If the handle is fitted in the same matter as the LG, it's a VERY tight fit. I did not dare mess around too much with the first LG I had, but according to the guys at Truth it should be ok to gently tap the handle off if it's very tightly fitted.

pwall1988

All you have to do is first take the screw off. Then turn the star away from the reel and it will slowly take the handle off. It is very easy to take the SM handle off.

Jbare0001

I finally got it off with a combination of lightly prying and using the star drag. I sanded down the shaft and inside of the handle so it isn't so tight before I put the handle back on. It is still tight but I can wiggle it off instead of prying it off.

pwall1988

You're making it harder on yourself...listen to me for a sec. All you have to do is unscrew the star, it will automatically take the handle off.