Dried fish candy sticks

Started by David Hall, October 15, 2016, 07:29:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

conchydong

Perhaps, if you cut away all the bloodlines prior to freezing it wouldn't have been as fishy. If you are plain old smoking it isn't necessary for some reason. I always remove the blood for all Snapper (Pargo), Grouper and Tilefish prior to freezing and it makes a difference. My Filipina wife gets mad when I do that though as she says I am wasting fish as she doesn't mind the fishy flavor. It is a interesting idea though. I am thinking somewhere between candied bacon and fish (tuna) jerky.

David Hall

Quote from: conchydong on October 16, 2016, 10:48:46 PM
Perhaps, if you cut away all the bloodlines prior to freezing it wouldn't have been as fishy. If you are plain old smoking it isn't necessary for some reason. I always remove the blood for all Snapper (Pargo), Grouper and Tilefish prior to freezing and it makes a difference. My Filipina wife gets mad when I do that though as she says I am wasting fish as she doesn't mind the fishy flavor. It is a interesting idea though. I am thinking somewhere between candied bacon and fish (tuna) jerky.

Good ideas, I did miss that that one on the lateral line.  I'm going to try it again later this year With a different flavor base.

Big Tim

Quote from: David Hall on October 16, 2016, 09:49:08 PM
Hah!  Stupid auto correct

Good thing your auto correct adheres to the 12 year old rule  ;D

BT