Kayak/Cargo Trailer -- Completed

Started by foakes, October 18, 2016, 03:59:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gfish

Nice Fred! You got (or'er you gonna get) rod holders for those yaks? Been odda fishin shape for two+ weeks and it's killin me. Got a lower back injury, due in part, I'm pretty sure, to movin my 70+ pounder on n' off the top of my SUV. I try'n be careful, but probably have too much a that "little kid excitement" in me when I get close the water. Fishing's one a the only things that still does that to me.
Gfish
Fishing tackle is an art form and all fish caught on the right tackle are"Gfish"!

foakes

Haven't decided on rod holders yet, G --

Won't be in the salt, except maybe Morro Bay.

Do not like to go where sharks live -- and we have plenty of fresh water lakes and rivers not far from where we live.

Best,

Fred
The Official, Un-Authorized Service and Restoration Center for quality vintage spinning reels.

D-A-M Quick, Penn, Mitchell, and ABU/Zebco Cardinals

--------

The first rule of fishing is to fish where the fish are. The second rule of fishing is to never forget the first rule.

"Enjoy the little things in Life — For someday, you may look back — and realize that they were the big things"
                                                     Fred O.

newfuturevintage

Quote from: Dominick on October 20, 2016, 03:50:19 AM
Hey Randy that little car looks like it will fly if you can get it to lift speed.  Dominick

I know, right? I only take it about 5-7 miles on average, and typically under 35mph, so that probably won't happen, but just to see what would happen, I get up to about 65mph for a couple minutes out by the airport on an empty road. Was surprised that I couldn't even tell it was up there. I mean, except for seeing it.  Fortunately, the car's only got 90 HP or so, so getting to critical velocity's gonna take some doing. I'll have to take this think over the altamont to see if I can hit a headwind and give the car the gift of flight :)

Sara jokes that having the boat up there is probably safer owing to other people being able to see me.

Ron (aka Randy)