PENN hiring Service Technician

Started by Penn, October 19, 2016, 11:46:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Penn

AT Members,

As expected one of our Service Technicians took a job down south (still within the company) and we are now looking to hire a full time replacement.  Main responsibility would be reel repair but other duties would be required such as helping with outside events which includes Tournaments, Grand Opening's, Seminars and Shows.  If anyone is interested or knows someone who is interested please reach out to me.  Job located in the Philadelphia Plant, Mon-Fri 7:00-3:30pm.  We expect the job to be posted in a few weeks.

tony

alantani

send me an email at alantani@yahoo.com for questions!

broadway

Tony,
   There are so many qualified guys on this site it's crazy, but Philly is a long ride for most of us.  Dan or Sal would you please take the job? You'd be great at it, and you can get us photos of the showcases. ;D
Hope you're doing well and say hi to the Penn crew for me.
All the best,
Dom

Bill B

I'm still holding out for the West Coast satellite facility..... ;D Bill
It may not be very productive,
but it's sure going to be interesting!

alantani

somebody from here please take this job!  we need a guy on the inside.....   ;D

fishgrain

Tony D? hey buddy.  :)

talk about following your heart, that job sounds awesome! 75 minute commute for me not bad

probably wouldn't work for me though but close friend of mine has 15 yrs exp fixing cars, and now has an injured back.

I'll ask him he might like some "bench" time

alantani

want to post this, just in case i ever need to post a job description for here!   ;D

Quote from: Penn on January 05, 2017, 11:16:02 AM
http://jarden.jobs/philadelphia-pa/penn-reels-repair-technician/E16C0424BF454A6880DBB5B0D6CA2AAC/job/

Penn Reels-Repair Technician in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
the brands of everyday life.™

Pure Fishing is a leading global provider of fishing tackle, lures, rods and reels with a portfolio of brands that includes Abu Garcia®, Berkley®, Fenwick®, Greys®, Hardy®, Hodgman®, Mitchell®, Penn®, Pflueger®, Sebile®, Shakespeare®, Spiderwire®, Stren®, Trilene® and Ugly Stik®. With operations in 16 countries, Pure Fishing is part of Jarden Outdoor Solutions, a leader in developing outdoor and active lifestyle products and a division of Newell Brands (NYSE: NWL).

Responsibilities

POSITION SUMMARY:
Responsible for performing quality and expedient repairs while maintaining a minimum backlog. Must work closely with the Customer Service Department and Parts Department and may have contact with PI and Production regarding reel performance, testing and quality issues. Direct contact with customers via telephone, email or in person on technical and product information is required.

POSITION RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Ability to analyze and perform necessary product repairs.

2. Must be mechanically inclined with good manual dexterity.

3. Must be organized, detail-oriented and self-motivated.

4. Must have good computer skills.

5. Must have good mathematical skills.

6. Ability to read and interpret reel schematics.

7. Ability to use good sound judgment when dealing with customers.

8. Provide technical assistance on repairs, maintenance and product application.

9. Maintain daily and weekly activity logs and time sheets.

10. Assist with technical training as required.

11. Liaison to warranty service center's questions regarding repairs.

12. Process reel transactions and other select transactions on SAP.

13. Notify proper coworkers of any product quality issues.

14. Must have good telephone skills, communication skills, and the ability to work well with others.

15. Direct contact with customers via phone, email or in person on technical and product information.

16. Must be enthusiastic with a strong sense of urgency and desire to provide the customer with exceptional service.

17. Must be able to work well in a team-oriented environment.

18. Maintain safe and orderly work area.

19. Product and fishing knowledge helpful.

20. May be required to travel.

21. Perform other duties as required.

REQUIRED EXPERIENCES:
1. To perform this job successfully, an individual must be mechanically inclined, organized, detail oriented, and possess good communication skills.

2. Computer skills are required.

3. Individual must be self-motivated and be able to work with little supervision. Must be able to read and understand reel schematics.

4. High school diploma or general education degree (GED).

COMPETENCIES:
1. Good mathematical skills are required.

2. Occasional lifting up to 50lbs. Must posses good manual dexterity.

3. Must be able to evaluate products for warranty status. Must apply common sense while dealing directly with customers. Must be able to determine the source of a problem and its resolution.

4. Ability to deal with problems involving a few concrete variables under standardized situations.

Equal Employment Opportunity

All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status.

COMPANY: Pure Fishing, Inc.

Requisition Id: 109629
#jardenlegacy

Penn

Thanks Alan.  Ready to come out of retirement?   :D :D

tony

alantani

yeah, after i clean up my garage!!!!!   ;D

Alto Mare

Unfortunately, these job requirements can net someone who can talk the talk but not necessarily walk the walk  ;)

Sal
Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.

Bryan Young

Sounds like a dream job to me...if only it was in SF Bay Area or Hawaii   ;D.

What is SAP? (12. Process reel transactions and other select transactions on SAP.)  I guess if I don't know what SAP is, I'm no longer qualified.  ;(

Good luck on your search for a new Technician Tony.

BTW, I may be coming out in mid-March or mid-April.  Dan is encouraging me to visit while I'm there.  I hope you are around so we could finally meet
:D I talk with every part I send out and each reel I repair so that they perform at the top of their game. :D

foakes

Quote from: Bryan Young on January 07, 2017, 06:29:26 PM
What is SAP? (12. Process reel transactions and other select transactions on SAP.)  

It is a software system program, Bryan.

It helps to manage business operations -- including transactions. Inventory, ordering recommendations or automatic ordering if preferences set up in advance that way -- plus daily, weekly, 10 day, monthly, annually, or projected trends.

Can even be set up to monitor cash flow, A/R, A/P, credit card, check, or pay-pal transactions with deposit records.

Will also account for employee time and project results.

It can be customized to nearly any particular business -- with many parameters set up in advance for flexible installation to mesh with current accounting programs that are in place at a particular business.

It has been around for a long time -- although constantly upgraded and improved.  

Generally used worldwide.

I have worked with and set up a few of these systems since 1976, DOC, CRM, Reynolds & Reynolds, Data Consultants, DCI, SalesManager, etc.

It is like reels -- they are all the same, except they are different.

Basically all use Word, Excel, Contact Management, and Tickler Files -- in different formats.

Amazing how computers can make our jobs easier, and help plan for the future -- but we need to keep up to date and know the system indexes, as well as tweaks and updates.

Best,

Fred
The Official, Un-Authorized Service and Restoration Center for quality vintage spinning reels.

D-A-M Quick, Penn, Mitchell, and ABU/Zebco Cardinals

--------

The first rule of fishing is to fish where the fish are. The second rule of fishing is to never forget the first rule.

"Enjoy the little things in Life — For someday, you may look back — and realize that they were the big things"
                                                     Fred O.

Penn

Quote from: Bryan Young on January 07, 2017, 06:29:26 PM

BTW, I may be coming out in mid-March or mid-April.  Dan is encouraging me to visit while I'm there.  I hope you are around so we could finally meet

Bryan,

Send me an email when you figure out the exact timeframe, I am sure we can work something out.  trdubeck@purefishing.com

tony