Is this a reef or a reel....you decide......

Started by thorhammer, October 20, 2016, 01:43:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Big Tim

John, when Warren and I get the SL20SH reel deal done I should have the screws for your clamp? PM me your address and I will send them to ya.

Tim

Alto Mare

Great job John, love to see them resuscitated.
Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.

Bryan Young

Hi John,

I have an extra frame and spool for that reel if you are interested. Let me know.

BTW, I may have a gear set with a different dear ratio as well.

Bryan
:D I talk with every part I send out and each reel I repair so that they perform at the top of their game. :D

Lunker Larry

Looks great. How'd you get the barnacles off without further damage to the surface?

Reminds me of an old ABU dredged up from the bottom of the river a few years back. Cleaned it and put it back together with all its original parts and it worked perfect although you couldn't pass it off as a gently used reel.
You know that moment when your steak is on the grill and you can already feel your mouth watering.
Do vegans feel the same when mowing the lawn?

Shark Hunter

I have a Barnacle Beauty.
Found in the Surf after Hurricane Ivan a few years back.
I am leaving the barnacles attached. I think it gives it character! ;D
Life is Good!

Decker

Quote from: Shark Hunter on October 21, 2016, 04:15:50 PM
I am leaving the barnacles attached. I think it gives it character! ;D

Yeah, I'd like to see a few barnacles on my 650SS!   How long does the treatment take? ;D

Shark Hunter

I found in one week after the hurricane. This Ivan was at least ten years ago.
I had to replace one bearing and the bail assembly.

Life is Good!

Dominick

Daron do you think you can fix the photos?  There seems to be a broken link from photobucket.  Dominick
Leave the gun.  Take the cannolis.

There are two things I don't like about fishing.  Getting up early in the morning and boats.  The rest of it is fun.

Shark Hunter

You got it My Man. ;)
I had trouble posting them.
I figured there might be an issue.
Life is Good!

MarkT

I'd say the original reel in this thread started looking like a reef and ended as a nice reel. Good job!
When I was your age Pluto was a planet!