Peter Piper Picked a Peck of Sriracha Pickled Eggs

Started by ChileRelleno, October 22, 2016, 02:24:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ChileRelleno

Quote from: newfuturevintage on October 26, 2016, 11:15:09 PM

I can't imagine how awful boiling that stuff together would be on the eyes/sinuses!
It was pretty bad, eyes tearing, nose wanting to run and coughing.
Windows open, kitchen exhaust on high, dining room and kitchen ceiling fans full blast and still about to run the family out of the house.
It will be done outside next time.

Ragnar Benson:
"Never, under any circumstances, ever become a refugee.
Die if you must, but die on your home turf with your face to the wind, not in some stinking hellhole 2,000 kilometers away, among people you neither know nor care about."

ChileRelleno

Quote from: mizmo67 on October 26, 2016, 09:49:42 PM
I have never pickled anything....for these eggs, I may be willing to try.
Pickling and fermenting is generally very easy, especially for items that will be kept in the fridge.

Ragnar Benson:
Die if you must, but die on your home turf with your face to the wind, not in some stinking hellhole 2,000 kilometers away, among people you neither know nor care about."

Tightlines667

I've never pickeled anything either, but have been toying with the notion for some time now. 

Hope springs eternal
for the consumate fishermen.

ChileRelleno

Quote from: Tightlines666 on October 27, 2016, 01:06:55 AM
I've never pickeled anything either, but have been toying with the notion for some time now.  

Pickled fish is great.
Next time I get a good catch of Spanish, Whiting or Sheepshead, I'll post a Pickled Fish thread.
Ragnar Benson:

Shark Hunter

One look at these and I see how the Reaper got its name.
On the way Today John. You should have them by Saturday.
As soon as the guy gave them to me, He said "I am not responsible for these" I just want to see the Video.
I only have three. They are all yours.
What most of these guys do is put them in a dehydrator and make a concentrated powder. It Takes a lot of peppers to do that. That is why they grow their own. Not for me.
I do love Jalapenos. These are 100 times hotter.
They look pretty Scary. :o
Enter the Dragon!

Life is Good!

mizmo67

Brian grew some of those Reapers out back in the garden this summer. Scott let him plant an assortment of peppers out there. Whew..some major heat in that one!
~Mo

Maureen Albertson :)
Scott's Bait & Tackle / Mystic Reel Parts (Formerly PennParts.com)
Contact Me Via Store Website Please!
Orders/Support# +1 (609) 488-4637 (parts ordering or troubleshooting)
customerservice@mysticparts.com

jigmaster501

If anyone wants to pickle fish, the fish will need a surface pathogen elimination step first and the fish will need to be frozen properly to kill parasites.

An acidic environment will not destroy parasites and will take an extremely long time, if it happens, to destroy all pathogens of public health significance.

The boiling of vinegar that you were talking about is extremely corrosive to metal. You would be better off using some kind of glass based pot to do the boiling.... I  am sure that between the hot vinegar and hard boiled eggs, your house must have smelled great...lol

Let me know when you guys plan on pickling fish, I will help you guys out.

ChileRelleno

Daron, give me his name and City and I'll give him a shout out in the video.
I plan on canning Pico de Gallo, would you like some?
Let me know, JalapeƱo, Ghost or Reaper.

And again, a big "Thank You!"
Ragnar Benson:

Shark Hunter

I'll go with the ghost John, since that was the type I mainly sent. Take it easy on me. :-*
His Name is Jeff from Owenton.
He told me he sees a lot of people try this, and they only do it once. :o
Life is Good!

Big Tim

Quote from: ChileRelleno on October 23, 2016, 01:52:39 AM
I've not eaten a Carolina Reaper raw, but I've had them in various forms and they are mind blowing, insanely hot.
Thought I was brave once eating a Ghost Pepper (Bhut Jolokia).

Here, y'all can have a good laugh at my expense, which of course why I made the video.  ;)

John...With love in my heart...You are a Psycho ... "Here comes the first rush of endorphins"  ;D ;D ;D

Tim

ChileRelleno

Thanks Tim...  I think  ::)
I used to carry a jar of pickled Habaneros in my truck, ate one with my lunch almost everyday.
Love me some hot chiles.

LOL... And these Reapers are at least 'twice' as hot the Ghosts.  :o
I'm really looking forward to trying these.
But do note as stated before, I'm not foolish enough to eat a whole one, it will be sectioned and seeded.
"Mama may have raised a fool, but she didn't raise no damned fool!"
Ragnar Benson:

MarkT

I saw a YouTube video where 2 guys (Sean Evans/Chili Klaus) eat Carolina Reapers. All things considered they took it amazingly well!
When I was your age Pluto was a planet!

ChileRelleno

One Week

Eggs have firmed up a bit, flavor is stronger but the heat hasn't increased.
I don't see any more penetration of color into the whites.
Delicious, but so far not what I'm looking for, which is HOT!
I added a heaping tsp of Hillbilly Gunpowder to the brine.
It is a mix of six chiles including some of the hottest in the world, e.g. Carolina Reapers, Ghost and more.

Ragnar Benson:

Big Tim

MarkT

Still not hot enough? Inject those eggs with some habanero or reaper sauce!
When I was your age Pluto was a planet!