Head Count!!Nov 5th Menu Morro Bay Help With Dinner Head Count!

Started by theswimmer, October 22, 2016, 07:41:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

theswimmer

Guys, This is turning into a sizable party!
I really need everyone who is coming for dinner to check in.
I am going to buy meat in the next day or so and want to make sure we have enough , so please check in if you are coming for dinner!

Thanks,
Jonathan

Big Tim and I were discussing this on our way home from Salmon Fishing.
Since we have a BBQ ,  I was thinking  about a Tri Tip , and pasta is always easy.
Lets make it anything goes but post what you are bringing so we don't end up with 3 jello salads😛

Jonathan - BBQ Huli Huli Pork and Huli chicken (late add)
BT - Poke and Rice OK
Steve - Green salad and Tomatoes , Wasabi , ginger  and Soy sauce
Ron - Beer and Ice pimp🍻
Mike - Smoked Sausages , Cuban Longanisa , Portuguese linguisa
PJ - Fruit Cobbler
Emelito - Side dish?
There is nothing like lying flat on your back on the deck, alone except for the helmsman aft at the wheel, silence except for the lapping of the sea against the side of the ship. At that time you can be equal to Ulysses and brother to him.

Errol Flynn

Big Tim

JT, I'll do Poke & Rice so Alan get's his rice fix. I'll get with Alan and see if he has any fish from his recent trip left he would like to  donate as well  ;D

Tim

theswimmer

I will see what is on sale at the meat mkt, we may end up with chicken n ribs.
I need to look in the freezer and see what else I can come up with.
Might have some boar or antelope we could make appetizers with
We need someone to get green salad this time😁
Best
JT
There is nothing like lying flat on your back on the deck, alone except for the helmsman aft at the wheel, silence except for the lapping of the sea against the side of the ship. At that time you can be equal to Ulysses and brother to him.

Errol Flynn

mikeysm

I can make sausage any requests. i can smoke ten pounds to bring I will make beef sticks to bring on the boat.

swill88

I'll bring salad and tomatoes ...

theswimmer

Thanks Mikey,
Thanks Steve, I'll add you to the list.
Best,
Jonathan

Errol Flynn

theswimmer

Quote from: mikeysm on October 24, 2016, 02:38:24 PM
I can make sausage any requests. i can smoke ten pounds to bring I will make beef sticks to bring on the boat.

I like any kind Mike.
Partial to Andouie though.....

Errol Flynn

theswimmer

Alan , as I recall the BBQ is a Weber kettle yes?

Errol Flynn

Big Tim

JT it's a Weber...You guys getting snow or is it to warm still ?

Tim

alantani

yeah, there is a weber in the back.  also, steve and i are tentatively heading down on thursday.  anyone need to start their beach vacation early, come on over. 
send me an email at alantani@yahoo.com for questions!

theswimmer

Quote from: Big Tim on October 27, 2016, 11:23:46 PM
JT it's a Weber...You guys getting snow or is it to warm still ?

Tim

No, it's warm.
Just brought a load of firewood inside wearing my flip flops......

Errol Flynn

mikeysm

I finished some Cuban longanisa and starting some portuguese linguica today. Then I will make some beef sticks to bring.

Mike

theswimmer

Quote from: mikeysm on October 28, 2016, 10:21:09 AM
I finished some Cuban longanisa and starting some portuguese linguica today. Then I will make some beef sticks to bring.

Mike

oh Ya .....longanisa!
Have you ever had the Salvadoran style , made about 3 inch's long and usually left in link form?
Most delicious!

Errol Flynn

theswimmer

I need a head count for dinner on Nov 5 at Alan's folks house so I can make sure to get enough meat.
Also if anyone else is planning on bringing a dish.
I know that  if we want Randy to bring sashimi on the boat we will need someone to bring wasabi and soysauce on Sunday.
Volunteers???

Errol Flynn

swill88

I've got a fresh tube of wasabi.

I'll get a small container of thin sliced pickled ginger.

I'm a low salt soy sauce guy if that's OK.

Steve