quantum energy baitcaster - help please..

Started by vilters, October 24, 2016, 12:48:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

vilters

can anyone tell me how to remove the handle on this reel? it belongs to my son, and the last time it needed repair, I had a friend who does reel repair fix it. he said there was a trick to removing it, but I don't remember how he did it. there is no visible screw(s) or fastener. there are also no visible screws holding the drive sideplate on, but I figure the handle has to come off first, and i'll go from there. the drag is faulty, and I thought I'd try take it apart myself. thanks for any help.

Rancanfish

On my older version, there is a sliding release under the levelwind on the bottom side.  Then you twist the sideplate up(left side) and pull it off. Then pull out the spool.
I woke today and suddenly nothing happened.

Zimbass

Done a few, and as far as I recall you need to tighten the star drag down and hold it. Then Turn the handle backwards, which will then remove the handle. From there it is a simple process.

Good luck.

Terry.
Never was so much owed by so many to so few.

vilters

thanks for the responses guys. Terry, that sounds like what my friend said a couple years back.

vilters

so, I got home, and after dinner, had a little time to check it out. after tightening the drag some, the black (lock) washer - actually locking ring - is depressed, and then the handle can be unscrewed. thanks again.