So Close, but no money in tournamet

Started by Big Tim, October 24, 2016, 01:26:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Big Tim

I was slinging lead in Morro Bay this Saturday on the Phenix...No live or frozen bait allowed...Jigs and Swim Baits only...$1000.00 to the Heaviest 3 Lings an another $200.00 to the biggest fish overall.

And I ordered up a good weather report to  ;D
https://weather.com/weather/tenday/l/Morro+Bay+CA+USCA0733:1:US

Ok the weather was good..the boat is a bit skinny...The young Capt. is one hell of a Skipper...I haven't fished like this in years  :o ... 12 hours of tossin' jigs and swim baits 8 oz. to 14 oz., workin' them and reeelin' them in only to toss them back again...Man I hurt  ;D I did well..The format was you weigh in your 3 biggest ling cod fish and the winner get's $1000.000...I was in the running right till the end and then a young man to my right dropped 2 in a row on the deck in the last hour  :-[ ... He needs the money more than I do...We worked 160' to 220' in depth and did not pull the party boat crap of pull em up every 5 minutes...We worked his spots..I fell 4 pounds +/- shy of the $1000.00 prize, but wouldn't have gotten the big fish $200.00 as the kid got it all. I had a stellar 10 rockfish bag as well  ;D

BT (sorry for the lack of pics..I left the camera home)

Here is my weigh in:

Here is one of the ones I kept...I got 9 total, tossed 6 back.

Some of the carnage

swill88

Well done Tim!

That's some real fishing.

Cortez_Conversions

At least you got some tasty fish and had a great day on the water!
Visit: cortezconversions.com
Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.-Sal

Bryan Young

Way to get them Tim. Losing is never fun but the challenge is very rewarding.
:D I talk with every part I send out and each reel I repair so that they perform at the top of their game. :D

David Hall

Good job, and your right the kid needed it more than you.  Probably the same kid that stood next to me last year landed hog after hog on his twenty five dollar goodwill rod and reel.
Nice day anyway.

theswimmer

Great job Tim!
Looks like you got your Mojo back.......
There is nothing like lying flat on your back on the deck, alone except for the helmsman aft at the wheel, silence except for the lapping of the sea against the side of the ship. At that time you can be equal to Ulysses and brother to him.

Errol Flynn

Big Tim

I have never tossed back a 12# Ling cod in my life, but I think I did at least 3 times yesterday  :o The last one I kept was 15# +/-

BT