Penn 4/0 special

Started by sharkman, October 25, 2016, 01:18:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

sharkman

Found this reel on let go for 20 bucks. Don't know whether to fish or put on shelf.

Bill B

Cool beans brother.....add carbon fiber drags and fish it....the 112H is my favorite reel and will put a lot of fish in the bag...later add a stainless steel sleeve, double dogs, handle upgrade, aluminum spool and a tiburon frame it just gets better....Bill
It may not be very productive,
but it's sure going to be interesting!

MarkT

Nice find. A 112h is a 3/0, not a 4/0.
When I was your age Pluto was a planet!

Bryan Young

That's purdy. Fish it then shelve it until the next fishing day then fish it then shelve it and repeat.
:D I talk with every part I send out and each reel I repair so that they perform at the top of their game. :D

David Hall

Quote from: Bryan Young on October 25, 2016, 03:49:21 AM
That's purdy. Fish it then shelve it until the next fishing day then fish it then shelve it and repeat.

Yep what Bryan said!

day0ne

Quote from: MarkT on October 25, 2016, 02:07:27 AM
Nice find. A 112h is a 3/0, not a 4/0.

The reel pictured is a 113H, thus a 4/0.
David

"Lately it occurs to me: What a long, strange trip it's been." - R. Hunter

handi2

Very nice early model. Those i like..
OCD Reel Service & Repair
Gulf Breeze, FL

sharkman

Thanks everyone for comments.  Anyone have idea how old the reel maybe? The inside looked as good as outside. Just serviced and put back together, now it is ready to fish.

Bill B

OOOPS....need to start wearing my glasses more often  ::)....I'd still fish that all day long....Bill
It may not be very productive,
but it's sure going to be interesting!

Aiala

It has the outside-accessible drag stack, which would indicate that it's an older model, but as to its precise age, I couldn't say. Very nice reel, though! Definitely a steal for only twenty bucks.  :)

~A~

I don't suffer from insanity... I enjoy every minute of it!  :D

MarkT

The sideplate says 112H... right?  Looks like an old 4/0 though.
When I was your age Pluto was a planet!

Long Enuff

Maroon side plates and external drag access would date it between 1964 and 1985.

sharkman

Mark T. The side plates say 113H.  It is a 4/0