cabin layout

Started by alantani, October 26, 2016, 03:59:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

alantani

this is a repost.

the layout of the cabins and bunks is pretty simple.  anything forward of the stairway is quieter, but can get pretty bumpy.  anything aft is going to be more stable, but the engine noise can be deafening.  ear plugs are a must.  i tried the orange and green foam earplugs but was not happy with them.  i finally settled on the wax earplugs. i think they work the best.  big ear muffs or noise cancelling headphones might work if your a back sleeper.  bring sweatpants and a sweat shirt to sleep in.  the cabins can get very cold.  make sure you have a flashlight handy, plus an alarm clock if you are a heavy sleeper.  you do not want to miss out on breakfast or a good early morning bite.  

i can still climb in and out of the top bunks, but i do not want the older guys having to climb.  that will mean that the younger guys get the top bunks and the older guys get the lower ones.  you may get split up from your friends if both of you are young or both of you are old.   and then there is the issue of how far forward or aft you are.  i'm going to try to break it up as best i can, but i will need you guys to check out the cabins and let me know if you have a preference.  here is the diagram of the cabins.

QuoteThe SPIRIT OF ADVENTURE is a small passenger vessel, not a cruise ship. She is 88 feet long and 25 feet wide and provides excellent stability. Accommodations are provided in 14 small, air-conditioned cabins with limited storage space. Most cabins have upper and lower bunk beds, wall to wall carpet, and reading lights. Four toilets and three freshwater showers are located on the main deck. Meals are prepared fresh daily and all passengers are served in one seating. The galley is equipped with a TV, DVD player and natural history books. Outside seating is available on the main deck as well as on the upper deck.

send me an email at alantani@yahoo.com for questions!

Bryan Young

If I had a choice I would choose the upper double or lower double next to the stairs or one cabin aft of that. I move around when I sleep. Just saying.
:D I talk with every part I send out and each reel I repair so that they perform at the top of their game. :D

Keta

Quote from: Bryan Young on October 26, 2016, 08:04:58 PM
If I had a choice I would choose the upper double or lower double next to the stairs or one cabin aft of that. I move around when I sleep. Just saying.

Try to get the room I had.
Hi, my name is Lee and I have a fishing gear problem.

I have all of the answers, yup, no, maybe.

A man who carries a cat by the tail learns something he can learn in no other way.
Mark Twain

David Hall

I will have to have a lower bunk double preferred.

theswimmer

Something amidships , up or down, I tend to sleep in 3-4 hour stints so I drive my roommates nuts no matter what.
I'll sleep topsides in a lounger unless😆ts raining anyways.
Best,
JT
There is nothing like lying flat on your back on the deck, alone except for the helmsman aft at the wheel, silence except for the lapping of the sea against the side of the ship. At that time you can be equal to Ulysses and brother to him.

Errol Flynn

Maxed Out

I'd settle for any bunk on that boat :o :o ;D
We Must Never Forget Our Veterans....God Bless Them All !!

lil-man-1

I'll take up forward.  same as last time.   top/middle/bottom,,