THE FINAL VOLUME FOR THE FIRST 25 YEARS OF PENN

Started by Penn Chronology, November 01, 2016, 06:11:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Penn Chronology

OK, here it is. All the catalogs and all the pictures, letters, etc that I found and used for the creation of the first two volumes.

Here is the way the Whitefish Press is offering this book;

Greetings! If you are reading this email, you are one of the special few who purchased the long-sold out Limited Edition of The Chronological History of Penn Reels, 1932-1957 or The Penn Reel Collector's Companion & Price Guide, 1932-1957 by Michael Cacioppo.

One of the perks of purchasing the first two books, is that we are offering a special Limited Edition of the next Penn book in our series — A Documentary History of Penn Reels, 1932-1957 — ONLY to you! And it's the biggest one yet! Yes, the Limited Edition of this 300-page black-and-white volume will ONLY be sold to previous purchasers of the Limited Editions. We will try very hard to match numbers, if you so desire (we will follow up with an email to you about this).

This Hardcover with Dust Jacket will NOT be publicly listed on the web site, the only way you can order is to have a direct link (see below) in this email. LUCKY YOU! LUCKY US! Exciting time to be a Penn collector!

Details about this exciting book can be found here:

http://www.whitefishpress.com/bookdetail.asp?book=223

To order the very popular Limited Edition Package (one signed and numbered Limited plus a softcover copy) at a big discount, click and order here:

http://www.whitefishpress.com/bookdetail.asp?book=224

Pre-order your copy as we will only be producing as many copies as are ordered by Limited owners. This means we can't take orders after the book ships. We expect delivery in early December 2016 in time for the holidays! For the 3rd straight year, it's a Penn Christmas!

Thank you for your support, and look for a fourth volume in the series (The The Chronological History of Penn Reels, 1958-183) in the near future. Limiteds of this fourth volume again will ONLY be available to purchasers of the first volumes!

Sincerely,

Dr. Todd E.A. Larson, Publisher
The Whitefish Press

Penn Chronology

  A Documentary History of Penn Reels, 1932-1957 Softcover NOW SHIPPING!

Posted: Fri Dec 23, 2016 4:04 am

Reel Talk Member
Ultra Board Poster

This softcover book is now shipping! Click the link below to learn more and order your copy!

http://www.whitefishpress.com/bookdetail.asp?book=223

In this companion volume to The Chronological History of Penn Reels, 1932-1957 and The Penn Reel Collector's Companion & Price Guide, 1932-1957, the long-awaited A Documentary History of Penn Reels, 1932-1957 contains rare documents and photographs pertaining to Penn history during its first 25 years. It is divided into three sections: Section One, which covers original documents and letters to and from Penn and photos from Penn's first ledger book; Section Two, which contains a complete set of Penn catalogs from this period; and Section Three, a photographic essay of Penn during this era. A must for any Penn collector!

Here, for the first time ever, is a complete set of Penn Fishing Tackle Manufacturing Co. catalogs and other documents and photos pertaining to its first 25 years of history. From the unnumbered Penn flyer for the Model F, to Catalog #1 in 1933 through Catalog #20 in 1957, this volume reproduces every page of every Penn catalog during the years 1932-1957, including rare pocket catalogs. It also includes everything from correspondence between Otto Henze and other tackle makers, to images of the first sales ledgers, to photos of the factory floor. This work will serve as a standard reference for many years, as well as a great companion to the previous two Penn histories in this series. A must for any Penn reel collector, dealer, or historian!

Maxed Out

Thanks Mike, I ordered mine this morning.

I have no doubt it's worth every penny and then some !!

-Ted
We Must Never Forget Our Veterans....God Bless Them All !!

Penn Chronology

QuoteInsert Quote

Thank you Ted,

Best to you and yours for the Holiday!!!

broadway

Thanks for making another book for us to learn from.  I love this stuff so I had to buy 2 copies in case I read it too many times the words wear off the page. ;)
Can't wait for their arrival.
Have a happy and healthy holiday, Mike!
Dom

Penn Chronology

Thanks Dom, the same to you and yours.. Mike C. 

Maxed Out

Quote from: Penn Chronology on December 23, 2016, 08:32:20 PM
QuoteInsert Quote

Thank you Ted,

Best to you and yours for the Holiday!!!

I would like to think that your new book will contain mostly info that came from the "Ohana"......no worries Mike, we can keep a secret ...... your source for all your information will be kept hush hush ;) ;)

Happy Holidays to The Cacioppo family and many thanks to you Mike, for all your endless hours of torture putting up with all of us ;D ;D

-Ted
We Must Never Forget Our Veterans....God Bless Them All !!

Penn Chronology

QuoteHappy Holidays to The Cacioppo family and many thanks to you Mike, for all your endless hours of torture putting up with all of us Grin Grin

No problem, you guys are easy, no torture at all........ Happy Holidays to everyone!!!!!!!!

Penn Chronology