Abu 7000iC3 problem

Started by robc22, November 01, 2016, 11:30:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

robc22

Hi all hope u can help with this. Took this abu 7000 apart. It was different then the old Swedish 7000 i had knowledge off. This little spring I'm having tough time with it. I see where it goes on the exploded diagram but Ijust cannot seem to get it to go. Can anyone help on this? Perhaps a pic and/or some advise. Thanks everyone...........:)

Rancanfish

Can't tell from the pic, so I'm going to guess it goes over the post and attaches to the anti reverse dog.  I say that because it looks like the same on my Shimano I'm working on.

What is the description of the part #?
I woke today and suddenly nothing happened.

exp2000

Not the best design here: It doesn't take much of a change in friction to upset the operation of such a fine hair spring.

Be mindful to align the gear teeth on the release lever when re-assembling.
~

Dr. Jekyll - AKA MeL B

schematics

http://s7d5.scene7.com/is/content/purefishing/Abu%20Garcia/Schematics/7000iC3%20%201602.pdf

maybe it's #1116145

i saw that there was a somebody replying while replying myself. yes that's it (spring)

maine guide

Just pulled apart my 7000iHSN. Ran into the same problem with that little spring and the free spool mechanism. Thankfully I found this thread. You guys saved me again. Thanks!

hurt locker

On the (i) series reels you have to take the engage/disengage lever off before you take the side cover off because it will stay connected and stretch the spring and make it useless. Not to worry, you aren't the only one to have it happen. Plenty of us around who did the same thing.