and so it begins.......

Started by alantani, November 04, 2016, 01:26:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

David Hall

I just pulled the plug.  My boat is  28' and 10k lbs and can handle far worse than I care to be in and As much as I'm dying for a platter piled high with fresh caught dungeness, there's plenty of time in the season and I don't need to risk anyone's well being.  It looks to settle mid next week and I'm ready when it breaks so I will have to stay home, work on my garage and enjoy staying close to home.  I can take off any day the conditions allow. 

theswimmer

There is nothing like lying flat on your back on the deck, alone except for the helmsman aft at the wheel, silence except for the lapping of the sea against the side of the ship. At that time you can be equal to Ulysses and brother to him.

Errol Flynn

theswimmer

Absolutely David,
When I was chatting with the owner of  'Psalms this afternoon he stated that they layed off the bar at Moss for an hour and half for an opportunity to get in.
Sometimes you just have to wait.
There is nothing like lying flat on your back on the deck, alone except for the helmsman aft at the wheel, silence except for the lapping of the sea against the side of the ship. At that time you can be equal to Ulysses and brother to him.

Errol Flynn

theswimmer

Errol Flynn

theswimmer

Quote from: alantani on November 05, 2016, 01:18:12 AM
here's what the break water looks like.

a closer view.  it will be worse on sunday.  

Alan you should explain that you shot that first  vid from at minimums 2500 feet away.
That jetty is at least 16-18 feet tall.
Pretty big waves what?

Errol Flynn

David Hall

Quote from: theswimmer on November 05, 2016, 03:33:50 AM
Absolutely David,
When I was chatting with the owner of  'Psalms this afternoon he stated that they layed off the bar at Moss for an hour and half for an opportunity to get in.
Sometimes you just have to wait.

I'm older and slower but my memory is not so bad I have forgotten the times when I wished I had stayed home instead of having to cross that bar coming into Moss with a boat full of people oblivious to the s just not worth it anymore.

theswimmer

That can be a mess for sure.
More than once I have just chugged around offshore , cooked dinner  and then headed in.
I want to get there, not in a hurry.

Errol Flynn

alantani

yeah, they were big.  best thing, chief and his wife, allison, just arrived. 

send me an email at alantani@yahoo.com for questions!

alantani

chief brought a really nice, really old, saber. 

send me an email at alantani@yahoo.com for questions!

redsetta

It was great to meet Alan, Tim and Steve today in Cayucos.
'Tis a real pity about the charter, but the ocean is a fickle mistress  ;)
The lads were kind enough to pass on some sensational tuna and wahoo for our family get-together tonight in Morro Bay.
Here's how it played out...

The sashimi:

And the spread:

As good as it gets!
Looking forward to catching up again tomorrow, after Andrew and I chase down some triple-overhead+ waves somewhere along the coast!
Cheers lads - was a pleasure and a privilege.
Fortitudine vincimus - By endurance we conquer

Alto Mare

Sorry it didn't work out for you guys, but looks like you still had a great time.
Nice to see Justin there, I wish I was there as well.
Great videos Alan, you're hired!
Tim, you're a natural, Gordon Ramsay doesn't have a thing on you. ;D

This was still a great report, very enjoyable. :)

Sal
Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.

Dominick

Quote from: Alto Mare on November 05, 2016, 12:21:20 PM

Tim, you're a natural, Gordon Ramsay doesn't have a thing on you. ;D
Sal
Yep!  Tim and Gordon have the same off color vocabulary.   ;D ;D Dominick
Leave the gun.  Take the cannolis.

There are two things I don't like about fishing.  Getting up early in the morning and boats.  The rest of it is fun.

Dominick

Justin are you coming north to San Francisco or there about?  Dominick
Leave the gun.  Take the cannolis.

There are two things I don't like about fishing.  Getting up early in the morning and boats.  The rest of it is fun.

redsetta

Hi Dominick,
I wish I was, as I wanted to catch up with you, but time's running short now.
Hoping to head back up to Cayucos this arvo and see the crew again, if they're about.
There's a hot rod show on up there today, which I think they've been enjoying...
I'll be back again in a year or two, so let's aim to catch up then - I'll try to fly in to SF next time!
Hope all's well with you.
Cheers mate, Justin
Fortitudine vincimus - By endurance we conquer

Shark Hunter

Quote from: alantani on November 05, 2016, 05:42:07 AM
yeah, they were big.  best thing, chief and his wife, allison, just arrived. 

Looks like a Serious Pajama Party going on there. ;D
Life is Good!