everybody sit tight - CANCELLED! !!!!!!!

Started by alantani, November 04, 2016, 05:36:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

swill88

Quote from: mikeysm on November 05, 2016, 12:10:25 AM
So is it official Sunday is canceled?

Mike

Yes... Cancelled.  We are having dinner Saturday night here in Cayucos for all who can make it.

Steve

alantani

Quote from: Potiguar - AKA MeL B on November 04, 2016, 09:43:25 PM
i think i will do channel islands after seeing you guys at cayucos. anyone else wants to do this? Alan T. are you spending the wknd at "the beach house"? the Mirage has an overnight for $165 c'mon guys let's do this...

sorry, i've gotta get back.  i might already be in the dog house for taking off so long. 
send me an email at alantani@yahoo.com for questions!

MarkT

If conditions are that bad, are boats going to go out of Channel islands on Sunday? I know it's further south and around the corner but still...
When I was your age Pluto was a planet!

Swami805

Should be fine, I think in Morro it's just getting out of the harbor.
Do what you can with that you have where you are

theswimmer

Ya ,sorry guys.
The big boat is short a guy for Sat and Sunday.
Going out of Moss come  Hell or High Water.
This is practice for the Hawaii crossing which will be 2 - 3  man next spring.
Best  ,
Jonathan
There is nothing like lying flat on your back on the deck, alone except for the helmsman aft at the wheel, silence except for the lapping of the sea against the side of the ship. At that time you can be equal to Ulysses and brother to him.

Errol Flynn

theswimmer

There is nothing like lying flat on your back on the deck, alone except for the helmsman aft at the wheel, silence except for the lapping of the sea against the side of the ship. At that time you can be equal to Ulysses and brother to him.

Errol Flynn

theswimmer

Quote from: Swami805 on November 05, 2016, 01:45:55 AM
Should be fine, I think in Morro it's just getting out of the harbor.

Getting out is easy,
It's getting back in.

Errol Flynn

David Hall

I went out of moss one day last year in a blow, I was taking water over the bow four times before I got through th jaws.  Should have taken the hint then but I had a couple of old navy vets onboard that needed to catch a Salmon so we ventured on out.  My boat handled it fine but the poor vets couldn't stand and when we finally hooked up we lost the fish passing the rod to one of the vets.  Seems like the veterans derby has  landed on the worst weather day of the spring the last few years.  I wasn't able to take my eyes off the seas or my hands off the wheel for even a second, we fished three hours and gave up and it was the hairiest crossing to get back in that I have ever had and I have beach landed many times.

foakes

Moss landing is one of our favorite launch sites -- caught a lot of Salmon, rockfish, and Sand Dabs over the years

About 21 years ago we fished for Salmon after mooring at the Yacht Club Harbor the night before.

We were in the 21' BL Trophy with a hard cabin.

Morning was great weather -- early afternoon the wind and swells came up quickly.  We were up a little ways past Santa Cruz when we decided to come in.

Should have just gone into Santa Cruz -- but ended up fighting a worsening situation all of the way back to Moss.  12' to 15' swells at intervals around 10 seconds.  Pretty happy to get back in safely.  PFD's were on and knuckles were white.

On the wheel and working the throttle all of the way in.

No fun.

Best,

Fred
The Official, Un-Authorized Service and Restoration Center for quality vintage spinning reels.

D-A-M Quick, Penn, Mitchell, and ABU/Zebco Cardinals

--------

The first rule of fishing is to fish where the fish are. The second rule of fishing is to never forget the first rule.

"Enjoy the little things in Life — For someday, you may look back — and realize that they were the big things"
                                                     Fred O.

David Hall

Fred that happened to me last October, I was smart enough that time to pull into Santa Cruz for the night.  it was already dark and I would have fought darkness and seas to get back to Moss, the next morning was a pleasant ride home.

Swami805

I've gone out of Morro Bay many times on the Admiral and the princess, the drill is put on the pdf's and all the passengers on the back deck. Then sit in the harbor mouth and time the swells using the radar. Coming in you can sit and watch the swells, not quite as hairy and you can ride them in. Those guys go in almost anything must be bad if the C G pulled the plug.
Do what you can with that you have where you are

Dr. Jekyll - AKA MeL B

Quote from: Potiguar - AKA MeL B on November 04, 2016, 10:18:12 PM
Booked on the Mirage(nov 6) and there are 23 left out of 24  :D ;) :) 9 more for a GO...

might get cancelled too because as of today only 2 are booked and might get transferred to the Pacific Islaner the 12th. Because of this  decided not to make the trip to Cayucos.  :( :( :(  Alan T. and the rest of the guys, especially Justin, will meet sometime in the future...maybe the 1st 8-10 day AT.com fishing adventure.

tight lines!