112h bridge

Started by jigmaster501, October 12, 2017, 08:31:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jigmaster501

Guys and gals,

I was looking at the handle sideplate for the 112h.

The 2 upper screws match the 2 upper screws for the jigmaster bridge.

The bottom screws do not.

I was wondering if the bottom holes of the jigmaster bridge were realigned, could we have a ready to go double bridge for the 112h.....

What do you guys think????

RowdyW

Why? With a dremel tool, epoxy, drills, taps, time, etc "anything" can be made to fit. It would probably be easier, cheaper, & quicker to just dremel out the plate for a second dog. With all these "ideas" being thrown around it's time to just do it, take photos, and show us how to do it. Ideas are the easy part, anyone can do that. But to follow through with it takes time, ingenuity, & work.  ::)  ;D             Rudy

handi2

Its much better to double dog the 112H reel. 100% proven and dependable.
OCD Reel Service & Repair
Gulf Breeze, FL

Black Pearl

I am working it. I will need a 112h bridge.

jigmaster501

I have one that I double dogged with carving of the plate and all.... It is a dream....

A bridge ready to go would be nice.

Alan, looking at the jigmaster bridge, with new holes, we might just need to carve a bit out of the sideplate.

Don't know for sure.

Send me an address and I will send you one of mine..

Eugene

Black Pearl

Quote from: jigmaster501 on October 13, 2017, 10:23:57 AM
I have one that I double dogged with carving of the plate and all.... It is a dream....

A bridge ready to go would be nice.

Alan, looking at the jigmaster bridge, with new holes, we might just need to carve a bit out of the sideplate.

Don't know for sure.

Send me an address and I will send you one of mine..

Eugene

Hi Eugene,

You can send it to the following address:

PRO Challenger LLC
1128 Royal Palm Beach Blvd,
Royal Palm Beach, FL. 33411

Thanks,
--Alan

JRD

Alan if you get these going I'm in for two.

jigmaster501

Alan,

Sending you a bridge in a complete sideplate via FedEx today.

Just in case you see the need to just carve out a new sideplate out of delrin or something to fit the bridge already made.

You have options...lol

Eugene

jigmaster501

You should have It by thursday....

Let me know when you get it

Eugene

Alto Mare

Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.

jigmaster501

Sal,

If we can use the same bridge but put the screw holes in different places, we might have something here. Or maybe just make delrin plates to match the bridges...

Hopefully we can do something good here.

Eugene

Alto Mare

Mine are working just fine with my own second dog, but it is a pain to service, the best option would be a custom bridge from Alan.
Alan probably forgot, I talked about this reel with him 3 years ago.
Alan's response was that the 3/0's weren't as popular as the Jigmasters and he thought it wasn't worth it to him.
Maybe he changed his mind...we'll see.
I've heard in the past that the Jigmaster was the top seller for penn reels.

Best,

Sal
Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.

Bryan Young

Are the bridges the same size, same post position, except different bridge screw location?  Could one bridge with 2 different screw locations work?  Just a thought to maybe have one sku for 2 reels.
:D I talk with every part I send out and each reel I repair so that they perform at the top of their game. :D

RowdyW

Bryan, I beleive the screw holes overlap so two different bridges will be needed.     Rudy