And so it ends...

Started by Ron Jones, November 09, 2016, 05:40:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ron Jones

We got home a couple hours ago. Apparently KC-10s are just as unreliable as C-5s.
I cannot thank everyone involved enough. We had a wonderful time, and once again proved what makes this family so wonderful. We all fish, and we all want to learn from the BOSS, but we are all great people. We come from different walks of life and have different ideas, but we can all see through those inconsequential items to truly enjoy the love of one another and the enjoyment of spending time together.
I look forward to wetting a line with each and every one of you. If you are ever on the sunset side of Oahu, there is a cold one in the fridge and a pillow on the bed. Don't even ask, just show up.
Ron
Ronald Jones
To those who have gone to sea and returned and to those who have gone to sea and will never return
"

David Hall

redsetta

x2 - well said mate.
Was a real pleasure meeting you and Allison, and spending some time.
As mentioned the other night, expect the same level of hospitality if you're ever down my way.
All the best Ron.
Cheers, Justin
Fortitudine vincimus - By endurance we conquer

alantani

a 5 day frat party?  what's not to enjoy!  i'm just glad that allison fit in so well and had such a great time.  if i brought joy, she might not have found all of our antics so amusing!   ;D
send me an email at alantani@yahoo.com for questions!

Big Tim

Quote from: alantani on November 09, 2016, 05:01:17 PM
a 5 day frat party?  what's not to enjoy!  i'm just glad that allison fit in so well and had such a great time.  if i brought joy, she might not have found all of our antics so amusing!   ;D

"WHAT COULD GO WRONG"

;D

Porthos

Quote from: noyb72 on November 09, 2016, 05:40:40 AM...If you are ever on the sunset side of Oahu, there is a cold one in the fridge and a pillow on the bed. Don't even ask, just show up.
Ron

I may do that now that I have family that recently relocated to Oahu!

swill88

Agreed... A great fishing trip without ever getting a hook wet. 

Everyone contributed.  AT culture.

One highlight for me was, after leaving Saratoga, Alan and I stopped into Coyote Bait & Tackle for bloodworms & sinkers. http://www.coyotebait.com/

We ran into Jim Nomura and we talked reels, lubricants, surf fishing techniques and repair.

At checkout, the shop owner was at the register, she looked up at Alan and said "So you are THEE Alan Tani" then shook his hand.

She shook my hand too, asked my name and, feeling important, I just said Steevish.

It just kept getting better.

Thanks everybody!

alantani

this was typical.  it literally was midnight!

send me an email at alantani@yahoo.com for questions!

Ron Jones

Those medallions gave the word ono its meaning! Tim is a fantastic cook, and loves to prove it.
Ron
Ronald Jones
To those who have gone to sea and returned and to those who have gone to sea and will never return
"