Making a Few New Mitchell 308 Ultralites

Started by foakes, November 10, 2016, 06:17:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

foakes

Got up this morning at 5:03 --

Poured the coffee, did a little Bible study with Sue, built out a Quick 220 for a client --

Then put together the 308 for Mike --

Lastly, assembled an old Mitchell 304 from the 50's out of parts in the bin -- for another friend.

Done for now -- heading into town in a while to see a movie -- Dr. Strange, with some friends.

Then we will have fish tacos at Wahoo's before heading back home later this evening.

Best,

Fred
The Official, Un-Authorized Service and Restoration Center for quality vintage spinning reels.

D-A-M Quick, Penn, Mitchell, and ABU/Zebco Cardinals

--------

The first rule of fishing is to fish where the fish are. The second rule of fishing is to never forget the first rule.

"Enjoy the little things in Life — For someday, you may look back — and realize that they were the big things"
                                                     Fred O.

Ron Jones

Sounds like quite a life! Glad you are enjoying it.
Ron
Ronald Jones
To those who have gone to sea and returned and to those who have gone to sea and will never return
"

mo65

The 308 looks awesome Fred...actually they all look awesome. Enjoy the movie!
~YOU CAN TUNA GEETAR...BUT YOU CAN'T TUNA FEESH~

Cortez_Conversions

Visit: cortezconversions.com
Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.-Sal

Shark Hunter

Ron,
That 499 looks really sweet. I finally got my hands on a pristine 488. It is Giant. That is a 704z next to it.
Life is Good!

Bryan Young

Fred, those are super cool. I love new reels but I can admire old reels all the more. Looks beautiful.
:D I talk with every part I send out and each reel I repair so that they perform at the top of their game. :D

Ron Jones

Not trying to hijack, I will do a build thread eventually. But that is a nice 488. According to this link:
http://users.skynet.be/bk292282/articles_mitchell498_2.html
I think mine is a bit newer than yours.
Ron
Ronald Jones
To those who have gone to sea and returned and to those who have gone to sea and will never return
"