From Trash to Treasure

Started by Maxed Out, November 11, 2016, 08:38:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Maxed Out

I'm getting ready to make a trip to the garbage dump and found a junk brass doorknob and got an idea to try and give it a new lease on life.

First I cut the knob off the assembly, then drilled holes on both sides to match up with Alan C's eva knob hardware. I used a large socket to press in the inset part on the front side so the top would sit flush.

I obviously have too much time on my hands Lol

We Must Never Forget Our Veterans....God Bless Them All !!

Maxed Out

Front and back view

Alto Mare

That looks pretty darn good buddy, I'm glad you do have too much time on your hands.
Very creative...good job!
Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.

Aiala

Geez Louise... that is just too cool!!  8)

~A~
I don't suffer from insanity... I enjoy every minute of it!  :D

Shark Hunter

Life is Good!

mo65

Man...you are killin' me...that looks good! 8)
~YOU CAN TUNA GEETAR...BUT YOU CAN'T TUNA FEESH~

Bryan Young

Cleaver.  You must have been a farmer...never through anything away because there's always a use for it.
:D I talk with every part I send out and each reel I repair so that they perform at the top of their game. :D

Bill B

It may not be very productive,
but it's sure going to be interesting!

Gfish

Great idea! I got some old solid (1940's or older) knobs complete with skeleton key locks in my garage, now I know what I can try n' do with 'em.
Gfish
Fishing tackle is an art form and all fish caught on the right tackle are"Gfish"!

Bryan Young

Quote from: Gfish on November 12, 2016, 08:43:23 AM
Great idea! I got some old solid (1940's or older) knobs complete with skeleton key locks in my garage, now I know what I can try n' do with 'em.
Gfish
Let's see one of those old crystal knobs. 😉
:D I talk with every part I send out and each reel I repair so that they perform at the top of their game. :D

newfuturevintage

Quote from: Bryan Young on November 12, 2016, 03:56:11 PM
Quote from: Gfish on November 12, 2016, 08:43:23 AM
Gfish
Let's see one of those old crystal knobs. 😉

No worries about 'em corroding out!

mizmo67

~Mo

Maureen Albertson :)
Scott's Bait & Tackle / Mystic Reel Parts (Formerly PennParts.com)
Contact Me Via Store Website Please!
Orders/Support# +1 (609) 488-4637 (parts ordering or troubleshooting)
customerservice@mysticparts.com

steelfish

awesome buddy,  it would look perfect on a gold trinidad reel

my only concern is that with the hight temps we have on summer I will need gloves to touch the knob if the reel is left directly on sun light

The Baja Guy

Maxed Out

Quote from: steelfish on November 17, 2016, 02:50:48 AM
awesome buddy,  it would look perfect on a gold trinidad reel

my only concern is that with the high temps we have on summer I will need gloves to touch the knob if the reel is left directly on sun light

Wish I had that problem :D :D...I would wear gloves because it would be too cold  ;D

mley1

That looks great! I bet it would be really cool on a gold International.
Good luck fishing,

Marty