What is the best size rock cod rig?

Started by striperpirate24, November 12, 2016, 11:36:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

striperpirate24

Hello, my father and I were interested in rock fishing and I would really appreciate some input on what size rock cod rigs to get for fishing the channel islands.
Thanks so much,
Dane
Tight Lines!

Ron Jones

The party boats used long beach 60s with 6-7ft solid glass rods for decades with really good results. You can do better today but what I am trying to say is any 3/0 sized rig with 30# mono will get it done. Is this a one time thing or do you see yourself doing it a lot? What equipment do you have now?
Ron
Ronald Jones
To those who have gone to sea and returned and to those who have gone to sea and will never return
"

Dr. Jekyll - AKA MeL B

15lb or 20lb for whitefish and sheepshead for shallow water really shallow, 25lb 30lb and 40lb for lings and bigger rocks up to 350 ft deep. some guys used up to 50lb so as not lose their expensive artificials. click this link(last thursday aboard the Pacific Islander;

http://alantani.com/index.php?topic=19725.msg211152#new

tight lines!

Gfish

"Rock cod rigs". Is'at terminal tackle such as leaders, hooks, lures, etc., or rods/reels, line, etc., or the whole shebang.
Gfish
Fishing tackle is an art form and all fish caught on the right tackle are"Gfish"!