Mitchell Reel Museum Website

Started by Bill B, November 19, 2016, 04:12:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bill B

Does anyone here know the folks at the Mitchell Reel Museum?  I tried to go to their website and my browser said they have malware on the website and it would not let me in.....if you do can you contact them and let them know.....thx Bill
It may not be very productive,
but it's sure going to be interesting!

foakes

Hi Bill --

This is an example of a good website, specific to one brand of reel, with specific members who have not been able to maintain the requirements of Administration, daily monitoring and adjustment, and guarding against hacks or malware.

We are so fortunate with our site -- we have no idea.

Because we have solid, active Administrators (Alan & Bryan) -- and a good group of Moderators, rules in place, and a worldwide 24/7 following -- we stay on top of any issues.

There are (3) main categories that a website can fall into --

Active, progressive, informative, useful, and unclunky...

Or, anonymous and clunky...

Or, worse yet -- irrelevant...

Unfortunately, MM has fallen into the middle category -- and is in danger of ending up in the last column.

They need an administrator or two -- plus more things to attract a wider membership.

Hopefully, they will get it worked out.

In the meantime, if I can pull up the emails of a key member or two -- I will PM that info to you, Bill.

Good people on the MM site -- but websites do not run by themselves -- too often we do not realize this fact.

Grateful for our site and its management...

Best,

Fred
The Official, Un-Authorized Service and Restoration Center for quality vintage spinning reels.

D-A-M Quick, Penn, Mitchell, and ABU/Zebco Cardinals

--------

The first rule of fishing is to fish where the fish are. The second rule of fishing is to never forget the first rule.

"Enjoy the little things in Life — For someday, you may look back — and realize that they were the big things"
                                                     Fred O.

Tiddlerbasher

festus

Looks like it's down again.

Midway Tommy

It's been that way for at least couple of days. It happens every now and then.
Love those open face spinning reels! (Especially ABU & ABU/Zebco Cardinals)

Tommy D (ORCA), NE

Favorite Activity? ............... In our boat fishing
RELAXING w/ MY BEST FRIEND (My wife Bonnie)

Cuttyhunker

Try
mitchellreels dot ourboard dot org
Seems a lot of the original museum stuff is there if you care to personally archive it.
Doomed from childhood

Irish1

Quote from: Bill B (Tarfu) on November 19, 2016, 04:12:38 PM
Does anyone here know the folks at the Mitchell Reel Museum?  I tried to go to their website and my browser said they have malware on the website and it would not let me in.....if you do can you contact them and let them know.....thx Bill

I tried to join there months ago but got a message not taking new members at that time. Lot's of info and I enjoyed reading but no way to ask questions or even contact someone to make a purchase when you seen what they had for sale be it parts, reels, or rods.